How to prepare for decompression surgery?

Hi everyone! I just met with a new neurosurgeon and she recommended surgery, so I've been talking with my parents and it's looking like we're going to move forward with it and have the surgery done. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the surgery? Any advice, insight, positive vibes appreciated! Thank you!

Have a good pillow for when you come out and a good support system and you’ll be fine.

I've not found a good pillow yet, I do have a wonderful support team. I would say lots of comfy pants ( my husband was dressing me for a while after I got home. Big shirts to go over your neck, some of mine wood rub my neck. Shower stool and a hand held shower wand has been helpful. Again my husband has been showering me.I also made sure to have stool softners on hand, the pain meds cause probs. Also easy foods to have on hand. You need to stay on top of your meds , I found that in the night jello or pudding real quick because the pain meds can be hard on a empty tummy.Ice packs. Good luck. also if poss see if while your in the hospital someone is always there with you to ask question and make sure you get what you need.