Has anyone every had this

Okay so I know this sounds weird, but has anyone ever heard this sound in the back of your head/neck that sounds like a rain stick. Again, I know it sounds weird, but it's the only way I can describe it.lol It's not painful but sometimes it can be uncomfortable. I mostly get it when I'm laying down. So any suggestions or anyone else experience something like this? Oh and yes I did tell my doctor (haha) but he just looked at me like I was crazy and never said anything about it.

yeah those shaker things, lol. Its not really that big of a deal as far as I know, just wondering if anyone else has it. My whole neck and upper back pops and crunches when I move. I get a lot of pain in my shoulder blades/ upper back and neck. As we speak I'm having a hard time sitting here. Pain just keeps increasing and my heading is now hurting. Ugh!

Yes I have this sometimes. To me it sounds like a little stream back there and only happens when I’m laying down. It started right after surgery . I told the doctor about it and he said this happens sometimes and that I’m not crazy. My neck always pops/cracks too when I turn it.

Is it kind of like none rubbing together? I get that and when ever I move my shoulders they crunch.

Glad to hear that I'm not going crazy. Did any of you guys have this before surgery? I haven't had surgery and I get it. My symptoms are increasing, so I guess I'm gonna try to find another doctor. Was diagnosed in 2007, but still haven't found a NL or NS around here that will listen. They keep telling me my symptoms are not from my Chiari. A NL and NS was recommended, so I think I'm gonna try to get an appointment. Wish me Luck!

I did not have it before surgery but I also do not get headaches anymore from laughing, bending over, coughing etc. so I’m grateful for that. Please do see a NS asap. I have found that NL don’t know a great deal about chiari. Even my NS said so. See if you can find an experienced NS or a hospital that specializes. Good luck! Things will get better!

Thanks! I am working on getting all my medical records together and trying to get in to see this new NS. Hoping my doctor will refer me with out being seen. Doctors around here make us have referrals even though my insurance doesn't require it. But I'm gonna do what ever it takes.

Sjane4 said:

I did not have it before surgery but I also do not get headaches anymore from laughing, bending over, coughing etc. so I'm grateful for that. Please do see a NS asap. I have found that NL don't know a great deal about chiari. Even my NS said so. See if you can find an experienced NS or a hospital that specializes. Good luck! Things will get better!