Getting through the day

Hi all

I was just recently diagnosed a few weeks ago. Since then I have been really stressed out by the news and running around getting tests done, collecting medical records etc. I am struggling to do basic things like remember to eat, get enough sleep, keep my place organized, etc. I just feel like I have lost control of basic functioning in my life and that I am behind on so many things . Anyone else experienced this? Any tips on how to just make it through the day? Thanks.

I'm about 3/4 serious when I say get a bottle of good chardonnay, a box of chocolates and a block of swiss cheese. Call in sick to work send the kiddos if you have them to a drop in and binge watch a whole season of Downton Abbey and consume it all (well maybe only half the wine.) You need some time to yourself. You are the same person living in the same body NOW as you were several weeks ago. You simply have more information. You are going to be busy for a while but what I had to do was literally make my self a check list and daily goals for a while.........

Hi and welcome. I make it through the day by keeping lists. It is the first thing I do in the morning. And yes, one of the things on the list is to eat. I am a teacher.... I have lists at school as well as at home. Start them in the evening and look over them often. I once forgot to feed my dog. He complained enough that I got the hint. Most of all....remember yourself. Oh, yah! The chocolate and wine help.

Write down EVERYTHING!! I lived with brain fog before surgery. Not gone after surgery. I forget most anything short - term memory related. Schedules, calendars, tape recorders, and checklists are your new best friends. I am fortunate enough to have someone with me 24/7 to help remind me. Hopefully you will have a support system to aid in your daily life. Good luck.

-M