Feeling lost

Hello everyone I am now 4 weeks and 3 days post op. The past 2 weeks have been a living nightmare. I am in pain from the time I open my eyes in the mornings until I close them at night. The only way I am able to sleep, b somewhat comfortable and have some relief from the pain is when I’m on pain killers that cause me to fall sleep. I have developed sciatica so bad I am no longer able to walk or move, I lay in one spot day in and day out the slightest movement send shock ways throughout my entire body, I have syncope and I pass out constantly and to top it off I have occipital neuralgia which is dreadfully horrible. My life is a living nightmare, I can’t even take myself to the bathroom, dress myself, no longer eating among a lot of other things. I have been rushed to the ER twice once by ambulance because it was thought that I was having seizures. I keep calling my NS but I seem to be getting nowhere because they seem to think my problems are not a result of my surgery even though the ER dr seems to think so, I really don’t even think the nursing staff even discussed my calls and issues with my NS. I have taken so many different pain meds, non of which work that my chest now hurts and feels like its stopped up. My quality of life has all but dropped to nothing and I feel as though no one is listening to me or even cares. I was doing fine but then all of a sudden I’m no longer able to care for myself. I feel lost and really don’t know what else to do nothing the ER does seems to help me and they have really tried. My pain is so bad I couldn’t even lay down to have an MRI done. I have a post op appt today at 1:15 and I pray that I will get some relief from the misery

I am so sorry you are going through all this!!! I would lay all this out for the doctor and make sure he knows that you are not leaving until he orders tests to try to get to the bottom of your pain! Please keep us posted! You are in my prayers!!!

This is awful. I think part of the puzzle here is getting the MRI done. Your gonna need to take your pain meds or whatever it is you need to get that done so your NS knows where to go with all of this. So sorry you are in so much pain. just hang in there!
Jenn