Dr Rosner

No Description

I have an appt to see Dr Henderson to be evaluated for cervical cranial instability in March. I’m happy about this but am having a hard time with what it’s going to cost me. I’ve already met my deductible for the year, so if I need another surgery it will cost a lot more if I wait till next year when my deductible starts anew.

Does anybody know if Rosner is good at diagnosing and correcting the instability thing? I want it done right this time, and if I’m told there’s nothing further that can be done for me surgically I want to be able to trust that and accept my life.

I’m caught between wanting to see Henderson and saving a few (thousand)bucks.

Anybody have Rosner for a cervical cranial fusion. Does he generally screen for this with his Chiari decompressions?

Thanks friends, jenn

Abby, hey! Why didn’t I think of that? Just pick up the phone?! Thanks

I don't know if he does that or not but just a little plug for Dr. Rosner. I met this man for the first time last Tuesday and he is a really nice guy and gave me a whole lot of answers that I have been waiting on for what seems like forever (some I didn't even know I was looking for) Lol. I don't think you will regret making a change to Dr. Rosner. Best of luck!!

I had an apt. scheduled with Dr Rosner last January for the whole gamet of things...chiari, retroflexed odontoid, CCI etc....I, too, was debating between going to Dr Rosner or Dr Henderson. I decided to also point blank ask if he even does the craniocervical fusion surgery. At first I called his office and spoke to the receptionist. I got a very wishy washy answer that pretty much would have made me still spend all the $ to go there to be told NO. So I decided to email him directly and thankfully got a response to which he pretty much did not seem to buy into the retroflexed odontoid idea and said that they do not have the capacity to do the craniocervical fusion there....so I immediately cancelled my apt with him and went to see Dr Henderson and am SOOOO thankful that I did. He found SO much that was wrong and ultimately did a decompression/craniocervical fusion surgery then TC release and I sailed through so easily. I am forever grateful! It was well worth the $ spent to go to Maryland to see Dr Henderson. Hope that helps you with your decision.

jcdemar said:

I have an appt to see Dr Henderson to be evaluated for cervical cranial instability in March. I'm happy about this but am having a hard time with what it's going to cost me. I've already met my deductible for the year, so if I need another surgery it will cost a lot more if I wait till next year when my deductible starts anew.

Does anybody know if Rosner is good at diagnosing and correcting the instability thing? I want it done right this time, and if I'm told there's nothing further that can be done for me surgically I want to be able to trust that and accept my life.

I'm caught between wanting to see Henderson and saving a few (thousand)bucks.

Anybody have Rosner for a cervical cranial fusion. Does he generally screen for this with his Chiari decompressions?

Thanks friends, jenn

Thank you guys, that just sealed the deal. Henderson here I come ( in six months :slight_smile:

Di, how are you? I often wonder about you since you posted here a few months ago right after surgery with Henderson. Then yesterday your picture popped up online while I was googling CCI.

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I am really doing very well all things considered. I know that I've been MIA here for a while....it's been a hectic summer and once we got back from my TC surgery I was scurrying around getting my kids ready to go back to school. I haven't had a great deal of rest so my biggest complaint would be fatigue that I'm battling and still the typical joint pain from EDS. My neck is still very weak so I need to start PT. I can't get out of the neck brace due to weak muscles but overall I would say that my surgeries were 100% successful. The things that still creep up will always rear their ugly head due to EDS so I need to just learn to deal with it, rest, slow down etc...... As for the neuro sx that were so unbearable.... they are mostly resolved. I am beyond grateful to Dr Henderson for all that he did for me and truly.... I am blessed beyond measure b/c I really did walk through those 2 major surgeries unscathed. I had a harder time with the TC surgery but looking back I think it was more mentally difficult b/c I had to lie flat on my back for 3 days so I was achey and sore just from laying there and frustrated b/c I couldn't really do anything. They'd come and just leave my tray and walk away then expect me to eat it laying on my back. Stuff like that got to me. He had a hard time getting into my sacral bone due to it being so thick so I'm still sore, but really...otherwise I would say it went well too. The decompression/fusion..... truly was so easy for me....no idea why...but no pain, up and out of the hospital in 2 days and just on tylenol within 2 wks. And YES...I did go into DC just 1 wk later for the 4th of July. And had no sx after walking far further than I had expected. Dr Henderson is truly an amazing surgeon but even better...he's an amazing human being who truly cares about his patients, listens, and takes the time to figure out the problem. I truly believe the whole key is that he does the CORRECT imaging to find the problem...and then fixes it!

I wish you the best. Is it taking you 6 mos to get into see him or that's when you can go? I know that waiting the 3 mos to see him was so hard but WELL WORTH the wait in the end. I have 1 more surgery (c4-5 stabilization) next summer. Hoping to rest and heal up a bit more before.

If you ever have questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Di

jcdemar said:

Thank you guys, that just sealed the deal. Henderson here I come ( in six months :)

Di, how are you? I often wonder about you since you posted here a few months ago right after surgery with Henderson. Then yesterday your picture popped up online while I was googling CCI.

Jenn

Di, you are my surgery hero, You literally had it all! It is truly wonderful to hear that you are still doing good. When I read your story months ago I though to myself, “I want to be just like her!”

Henderson is backed up 7 months- I think he is really catching on in the Chiari community.

Is this the same doctor?

http://www.mountainx.com/article/21269/Controversial-neurosurgeons-license-suspended-again

Yes, this the Dr Rosner. He has helped a LOT of people who had no known other place to turn. It’s my opinion that quite a few Chiari surgeons face a wall with their cohorts and other professionals who are unaware of the new findings with Chiari patients and how to treat them. If it weren’t for brave surgeons who veer from the status quo none of us would have had our decompressions and many people would not have had fusions to fix their instabilities. I think we would be hard pressed to find a Chiari surgeon who hasn’t made the news. Its not easy for these guys to pave a new way. Just my opinion. How are you doing whisper?