Anyone had a Neck Fusion with Dr. Heffez?

I finally have a plan and a surgery date of June 16th from Dr. Heffez. He will be starting with a discectomy and fusion from C3-C7, with bone grafts. We will go from there to Chiari surgery depending on whether any change in symptoms occurs. So far, he is amazing and I really trust his skill and knowledge.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar surgery with Dr. Heffez. I don't know much about his technique and have no idea what to expect. I am both super excited and somewhat afraid (as I'm sure is typical). Any information or experiences that people have had would help. I tend to do better if I know a little about what's coming.

Thanks a lot, Asa

That would be great. Thank you for your wishes. My wife is recovering from her surgery three weeks ago (for two ruptured ligaments) and we are looking forward to continued improving health for me. The next few months will be difficult but we are encouraged by the fact that the difficulty is leading somewhere and we are feeling less alone.

Abby said:

Hello Asa,

Beeba has had this experience and will answer some of the questions you may have. Praying for you and your wife. Take care and let us know how things are going with you.

Asan, yes! Excited you finally got the ball rolling! I’m planning in getting my fusion sometime in June too!

Jenn

I am so excited. Nervous, but excited. Dr. Heffez is very hopeful that this will bring me some relief. The Chiari will still have to be watched but, I am grateful for progress.

Jenn, are you working with Dr. Heffez for your fusion?

jcdemar said:

Asan, yes! Excited you finally got the ball rolling! I'm planning in getting my fusion sometime in June too!

Jenn

OMG....I can't do this

I’m seeing Dr Henderson :slight_smile: