Doing extremely well

Hello everyone, to everyone that has read my previous post between July and now know that I was having a terrible time in my recovery. I had to have a 2nd surgery, wasn’t home for 24 hours when I had to go back for a severe CSF leak and was hospitalized an additional 7 days with a lumbar drain in my back amongst several other things. Well, I am so happy to say that I am now doing extremely well in my recovery. I have been home now for 4 weeks and 4 days and I am doing AWESOME. No more deafening pain and headaches. I am walking and able to take care of myself as I did before being diagnosed with Chiari. The only symptoms that I still notice now that I had before both surgeries and are minor is the ringing in my ears and my eyes at times tend to have a mind of their own and do their own thing. I have one more appointment with my NS in a few weeks and I hope to be going back to work soon. It took a lot of faith and not giving up to get to this point so to be where I am today is huge for me. I have the majority of my life before Chiari back and will continue to fight for the rest so to those of you that are discouraged don’t give up because you can and will get better.

Thank you so much Ms. Abby

Abby said:

So proud for you my friend. You are a true Chiari Warrior. You earned your stripes and more. I would however, take my time about being in a hurry to return to work. Just know that you always have us here and we want to know how your doing and what is going on with you.

You are an amazing lady!

Great news! I'm so glad your recovery is finally on course and you are back to feeling like yourself! :)

This is great news!! I am so happy for you, I will pray for you that you continue to be awesome.

Thank you both Anglyn3 and Charsay3, it took a lot but things finally begin to turn the corner and frm here it’s nothing but moving forward

Still happy, you are an inspiration! I’m sooooo happy to read this!!