Does a Flu Shot Trigger Your Symtoms?

Hi all.Trying to decide if I should get a flu shot this year.The last two years I’ve felt weakness, an “underwater” sensation(a common sensation for me) and some trouble walking (also not uncommon for me) shortly after my shot.It’s the weakness that concerns me.I have numerous allergies and I’m trying to figure out if it is the start of a more serious allergic reaction, or if the flu shot is just triggering some of my chiari symtoms.The symtoms lasted for hours,but did go away.Hate to miss my flu shot with Covid going on too,but don’t want a trip to the ER for an allergic reaction either!I’d appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Patti

1 Like

hey patti, in the past I have also felt an overwhelming amount of weakness, kinda like I’m living in a daze & watching myself from a third person perspective. I always experience extreme fatigue as the worst affect I have from the flu shot.

1 Like

Taylor, Thanks so much.This is very helpful to me.The dazed feeling like you are watching yourself sounds so similar to what I’ve gotten from the flu shot and other things too.The flu shot caused a more severe version of it these last two years.

I’ve found Chiari produces so many oddities.I’m used to that and tend to ignore most of it and just carry on as best I can, but sometimes it makes it so hard to know if something else might be going on.Thanks again!

1 Like