Disability

I applied for disabilty dec. 18th 2012. I have been unable to work since april of 2012. Needless to say being broke has been rough. But i went in may 2014 before a judge and she said to me i didnt look like anything was wrong with me. Ya think lady!!! Its in my head!! ( literally) i hired a company to represent me as i dont function too well in day to day life. They suck and attorney didnt even speak to me til day before the hearing and knew absolutely nothing about chiari. I tried giving him a list of symptoms i experience and he didnt even read it just handed it back to me. I tried to fire the company but they said if i do that i will have to pay them for all their work, which i am sure they will say was a helluva lot more than they actually did. So i am stuck with them. Can i hire another attorney as well so i feel something is being done? As it stands the case is going on to the federal level...

Also the judge in the denial basically called me a liar and said my neurosurgeon wasnt going to do surgery. The hearing was on monday the 5th. I had surgery on the next monday the 12th. The surgeries, all dr visits since then arent even included in my case and wont be until i get denied on a federal level. Eyeroll**

the judge hated me the minute i walked in and seemed fo think that sleeping 0-3 hours a night has no effect on work ability. Neither did she feel that because the pain has gotten so bad while driving ive had to pull into parking lots for hours bawling because i was in so much pain. That i have at least one type of headache 24/7/365 that affects my ability to do simple math or thi k clearly is relevant and She does not see how this would effect my ability to work.

any suggestions?

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! I understand the frustration. I ending up going to a mediation due to my illness... we were able to settle but for a lot less than I thought I should have gotten... I just knew I couldn't handle court proceedings. You are so brave and so strong for fighting this all the way to the top. I wish I had advice but I think its different in US vs Canada.

I would definitely see if you can find another attorney and see if maybe they can do it pro bono unless you win?

This attorney is pro bono. But i wasnt impressed with their ability.
Also i give the attorney updates everytime i go to dr appt, the er, or wherever . What i meant was that because of the case being at a federal level that the attorneys have the info but cant use it or show it until they deny me at the federal level which seems ignorant a d time comsuming to me.

NieNie0326 said:

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! I understand the frustration. I ending up going to a mediation due to my illness... we were able to settle but for a lot less than I thought I should have gotten... I just knew I couldn't handle court proceedings. You are so brave and so strong for fighting this all the way to the top. I wish I had advice but I think its different in US vs Canada.

I would definitely see if you can find another attorney and see if maybe they can do it pro bono unless you win?

I'm so sorry. I wish I could help more. I don't know much about how things work in the US. I wish you the best. Please keep us posted.

Allura said:

This attorney is pro bono. But i wasnt impressed with their ability.
Also i give the attorney updates everytime i go to dr appt, the er, or wherever . What i meant was that because of the case being at a federal level that the attorneys have the info but cant use it or show it until they deny me at the federal level which seems ignorant a d time comsuming to me.

NieNie0326 said: