Deviated Septum

I feel like I keep reading about people who are diagnosed with Chiari and also have a deviated septum. Is there a connection between these two? I've been trying all morning to find some medical literature on the subject but have had no success. So, I am turning the question over to the real professionals.

I have Chiari and a deviated septum. When I was first diagnosed with Chiari last summer, I read an article suggesting that Chiari Malformation could possibly be caused by forceps delivery. My mother said I was premature and delivered with forceps. Since then, I have wondered if the forceps could have somehow damaged both my skull and my nose and somehow caused them to become malformed but I really don't know, I just wonder.

I actually found out that I had Chiari BECAUSE of having surgery to fix a deviated septum. It would be interesting to know how many of us have both.

My son was born with deviated septum in an S shape and was diagnosed with CM1 when he was 7. He is 16 now and is getting ready to have surgery next summer for the deviated septum. He has not had decompression surgery, but he has very limited symptoms and no headaches..yet. There hasn't been a medical connection between Chiari & Deviated Septum, but I am pretty well convinced that it is connected. It just makes sense...the growth of the bones and cartilage is malformed. It's all in the head, how can it not be related?