Depression

I thought I posted this earlier, but I guess I forgot to push add. Anyhow, my surgery was 6 weeks ago, and I have more discomfort now then I had 2 weeks ago. I am also really depressed. Did anybody felt like that during recovery? I got to go back to work in a week. Any advice how I get back on my feet ?

I haven’t had the surgery (yet) and I’m not sure how to answer your questions (sorry!) but I do want to say: Keep your head up, as bad as it seems right now, it WILL get better! Like my favorite fictional character, Albus Dumbledore said: “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” Sorry for my nerd love!
I hope things get better for you, and I understand how awful depression can get, so remember always that you’re not alone! We’re always here to listen if you need to vent, and we’ll all be here every step of the way.

I hope you feel better soon :))

Thanks everyone. The first thing I did this morning, I called my doctor and made an appointment for Tuesday to tackle my depression. I think it is more than just from the surgery. Depression runs in my family as well. My Mother was severely depressed before she died, and my sister has problems too. I think part of my problem is that I currently miss my family and their support. I am from Germany and my husband is from Michigan where we live. So there is a lot of stuff coming together. Hopefully my doctor will give me some advice besides pills. And again thanks for all the great support I get from all of you!

I am a chronic depressant and take meds and see a shrink. Depression is not to be taken lightly. It has cost me a career a couple of friends and almost my family. If it seems to be more than just a case of the blues and is effecting your life see your Dr. Be careful of any med they put you on and try consuling. Sometimes meds arent needed just some therapy. Most importantly and this sounds corny but find your happy place and visit it often. Try to look on the brighter side of things and if there isnt one then make one up and get to your happy place. One day at a time is all we can control. Tomorrow is an illusion so lets make today the best day possible.