Decreased flow

Hi ya’ll - new to the group. I had my decompression and a cranio-cervical fusion done about 8 years ago. Recently symptoms started coming back. I had a MRI and it shows a significant decrease in the flow to the back bottom of the brain. Has anyone had something similar after surgery? Just wondering how this happened and what it means. My neurosurgeon is on vacation until next week so curious. Thanks so much.

I've not had any problems since my surgery but I'm only 2 years out. I have heard of scar tissue forming and causing post-op issues. Also cervical instability. Let us know what the doctor says!

Hi Tina,

I had surgery 6 years ago & slowly in the last 4 months My symptoms have been returning. I am waiting to see the surgeon at the end of the month! I know it's just a patch we go through,and not a fix, so here we go again!

Tina, sorry you are having problems again…I would guess scar tissue too, or maybe something has been going on with your dura patch??? Please let us know what you find out and how you are doing. Jenn