What now?

Hello All!

To make a long story short I had the decompression surgery Dec 2012. The surgeon just did the craniectomy part and scored the dura instead of doing the patch and the laminectomy. I started having symptoms again in September. I just had another MRI and it shows .... " The cerebellar tonsils remain low lying but there is CSF space posterior to them although no pulsatile CSF flow at the posterior craniocervical junction. What does this mean for me now?

Any advice would be great!

The surgeon said that there was a study that showed many patients had the same outcome with the scoring instead of the patch. The laminectomy wasn't done because during surgery after he did the scoring and craniectomy it appeared I established good CSF flow.

Twin, I’m so sorry you are still not doing well. You still have blocked flow. If I were you I would gear up with a different Chiari surgeon. Sure, there may be plenty of people with that same outcome from that same surgery that your NS does, but why do you have to live with it? I think you should have a new pair of eyes on your Mris, someone who has an unbiased view of what your brain’s got going on. I’ve heard that some people do ok with the dura thinning but for others it’s just not enough. Please keep us posted on what your thinking and what’s happening.

Jenn