Countdown to surgery

My pain level has been at an all time high, so I am becoming more and more anxious to get this show on the road. I have less than a month 'til decompression (10/23), and I would really love to hear what tricks helped y'all make it through recovery. I'm traveling from AL to CO to have my surgery performed by Dr. Oro, so I will be having to deal w/ a plane trip home. Please share anything that you think may help w/ my recovery, both in and out of the hospital, and the flight home. Thanks in advance!

I’m waiting for treatment so no advice, but I hope to b in ur shoes soon. Best of luck in it surgery and please check in on a regular basis so we know how ur doing. Let us, who are behind u in the decompression train, know what to expect and how u feel. Excited for u!

A soft blanket for behind the head! I am 10 weeks post op and still, there are two things allowed to touch the back of my head, that blanket, and my hair...and the hair is only because I can't keep it from touching my scalp LOL

Button up shirts made a huge difference for me, I know some do fine with shirts with large necks but I couldn't get into a regular shirt for a couple of weeks. Also baby shampoo is great for washing your hair after surgery :)