Cine mri

For those of you who have seen a NS, did he/she order a CINE MRI right away from the get-go? Or did the doc order other tests to include or rule out other conditions first?

Will insurance usually pay for it?

thanks!

On my first visit with the NS. They talked about my symptoms asked me a bnch of questions and finally told me since no meds have been helping that it would require surgery.. He said next step would be mri not sure if a cine or just reg.. but waiting on ok from my insurance company now.. wich will take up to 21 business days to ok :( so really all depends on ur insurance if they will cover.. i guess all NS are different.. i was referred to this NS from the ER after they done ct-scan.. i wanting a 2nd opion on the surgery acpect but guess need to wait to get this mri :(

They usually order a MRI of the Brain & Cervical Spine first. Then if they find a herniation they may order a CINE MRI. As far as Insurance coverage....they usually cover all diagnostic tests, as long as it has a diagnosis that would warrant the test (some policies won't cover fertility diagnostics, but that is about it).Call your insurance customer service to see if it is covered and at what percentage it all depends on your policy. I worked for the biggest Insurer in the US in Appeals before I became too ill to work.

If you need anything please let me know,

Tracy Z.

Can you tell me what a CINE MRI is? How is it done? Do they use dye? Do they look at the whole spine or just the head?

Thanks for any information you can give me - knowledge is power!

Terri in MN

I dont see what the big deal is with the cine in reguards to insurance and billing. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the dr to order it, and the insurance co to agree to pay. Granted they still didnt give me a straight answer but I guess the worst that can happen is I get a bill and send them $20 a week.