Chiari as a subject on True Life?

So, there is a show on MTV called True Life that features people with disorders or strange habits just to show people what their life is like. There is a place on their website where you can nominate a feature you would like to see. I would love for them to feature Chiari Malformation on their show. If you agree please go to the page and scroll to the bottom and suggest a topic. This was taken from Molly on the Chiari Malformation fb page (it was her idea). I hope all of you will go to this link and try for it. I did! Thanks! Here is the link....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F1610594%2Fall-new-true-life-episodes-coming.jhtml&h=tAQHXa7a_AQHoc5fk7rd4mWWfloKjujz-G2tn0Vc0t2FxJg

I really thought it was a good idea, just a great way to get the name out there! Even if it never makes it to the show, with all the comments about Chiari maybe it will spark an interest!

Posted

Thats great!

I think that's a great idea. I'm not on Facebook but I'll try MTV's site. True Life is a really honest show so I'm sure they'll do a good job. Anything that brings awareness. It would be so great if more people knew about it. I keep hoping that Dr Oz will do a show on Chiari. I've put it down as a suggestion on his shows site.That would be the best. I know that years ago 20/20 did part of a show on Chiari. Also House, Private Practice, CSI (very disturbing) Mystery Diagnosis, Good Morning America have also had shows with Chiari. Thanks for the info..........Wendy

Thank you everyone who is helping out with this...I know this show focuses more toward teens to young adult but there are many people in that age bracket dealing with Chiari and have no idea how to explain it to their friends and I really think this would help them. They have done shows on tourettes (sp?) and most people know what that is, so I would really like to see them cover something that isn't known about by many.

Awesome idea. I'm going to post it on FB for all of my family and friends to do. Love the idea. It will get it out there for the people wathing it who may be experiencing symptoms and not know whats wrong and they will have an idea to take to their doc and it will spread awareness. Great idea!!! Done!!!

Jessi, Thank you so much for trying to get your family and friends involved. It would be very helpful to have a lil bit of their perspective told about too. It doesn't just take our life away it also takes away pieces of theirs! Thanks so much for trying to get more people involved...