Chiari and heart problems

I have a chiari 1. I know I have POTS symptoms as do the doctors because they don’t even see the point in doing a tilt test. My question is this: does anyone with chiari/POTS have PVC’s? I get weird beats - missed or extra that give me an electrical shock and make me catch my breath. I have a carotid artery that’s out of place so I need to have a doppler test for that, but the heart problems (PVC’s, tachycardia, etc) are my worst symptoms aside from the chiari headaches, neck pain and being off balance. I can’t squat or bend down without my heart racing and I feel like an old woman! Picking up my 2 yr old makes me feel like I need a nap. Anything strenuous leaves me panting for air and I’m only 107 lbs.

Forget exercising…I can’t tolerate it! My heart rate goes way over 200 bpm. So scary!

My echo was normal. My stress echo was also normal. But my halter picked up the PVC’s. My cardio says it’s not a heart abnormality. Can chiari do this?!

My herniation is pressed very close into my brain stem - I have super super fat cerebellar tonsils. I see the neurosurgeon this Thursday. Sigh…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! Can it also explain my PVC’s or no? Those occur at random times and extra fatigue will set in following an episode.

Do you get flushing/a rash with these episodes? Excessive sweating?

No. Just fatigue after it happens.

There is condition that I have been looking into that seems to be related to POTS. It’s called Mast Cell disease, or mastocytosis. I know very little as of yet, but the symptoms mimic POTS episodes plus some. It looks as though simply taking specific antihistamines can reduce symptoms. I am not sure if this will give any clarity with the PVCs, but might be worth a try.

Jenn