Care to Share How You Cope; Art, Music, Poetry

Hi All,

I was inspired by Aktrek’s poetry posting. I would love to see how others cope with their pain and stress. I’d love to see your art, whether it is paintings, music, poetry - or even if there is a work of art or poetry created by someone else that you find inspiring and calming.

I draw. I also love to take photos and sing. This gives my brain time to shut down. I also love to write poetry.

I’m going to try to attach a few of my drawings. I had to add little clip art things to the photo to blot out my last name though. Lol. And the pictures are not great quality.

I hope some of you will post as well!

What talent! You do wonderful drawings! :)

I am not artistically inclined. I do enjoy taking pictures. That's what I usually do to destress...hike and take photos!

I tried to attach some photos I've taken from my phone but they were enormous and I can't figure out how to resize them! lol

I'm going to try again! lol

185-cemetery.jpg (41 KB) 186-grandview.jpg (18.3 KB) 187-greenbrierrivertrail.jpg (34.9 KB)

I love Grandview. I feel pretty lucky to live so close to so many pretty parks! I try to go hiking almost every weekend!

Here are a few more pictures! :)

182-cabincreek.jpg (59.7 KB) 183-GraysonHighlandsVA.jpg (15.5 KB) 184-NRG.jpg (41.7 KB)

I love this thread!

Rebecca: your drawings are beautiful!

Anglyn: Your photos are awesome! They make me want to visit Grandview.

Here are a few of the Chiari/Syrinx stress relieve techniques I use:

Gardening: We get quite a bit of light in the summer in Anchorage Short growing season,however fast growing season.(not so much right now. I plant flower containers for a few of my family, friends and neighbors.

Classical music (I like most types of music, but when the 24h tinnitus is too much, I crank classical up as loud as possible) I love country music

Photography

Poetry

Reading....Abby, I like to research too. Can't do as much as I would like, as the eye pain sets in pretty fast in the am

I just got a new lap top, and when I transfer my photos to it, I will load up a couple of them.

Looking forward to seeing your photos Abby, and to hearing what other Chiarians use as coping skills.

HAPPING HOLIDAYS ALL!!

PAM

I like to do anything crafty or baking. I love making pretty cakes and themes. I like crafting, creating, making old things look bright and new with like. I like crafting because I can come and go-there's always a stopping point. When I'm lethargic and not feeling doing too much, I like to do my on manicures. I also like to sit and do ink sketches and photo editing. I also enjoy sewing (machine) mostly WITHOUT patterns! ((I have more pics posted on my profile!!))