Anyone else have neck problems that attribute to headaches

Saw my neurosurgeon today and he says i have degenerative disc disease in my neck and C2-C7

have gotten progressively worse in the past year. He wants to do some injections and see if that helps, he recommends a 4 level fusion in my neck. Has anyone had this kind of surgery and if so are you better or worse??

I have neck problems which cause my headaches but my neurologist say that they are migraines. I get injections but to be very honest they don't work that well I will feel okay for a few days then gradually the nagging pain comes again. I also had hydrocephalus so be really careful with the neck pain and good luck with the surgery I'm still considering mine.

I have 10 to 15 headache days a month, with vomiting and everything. It has always been atributed to my herniations, but now they think it’s a combo of both. Everyday pain is bad enough with out being able to function half the month. I’m a strong person and push through the pain the best I can

Just read the rest of this, sorry. I have C3-C7 herniated. I had C5/C6 fussed, and will have C6/C7 fussed. The pain came back with a vengeance within a month or so. But I loss the use of my arm, so the surgery was necessary.

I am so sorry and understand the headache days. I two have 15 or more headache days a month but this is a long hard road to maneuver through all we can do is press on and hope for better. We are all in this together! I am thankful for this support system.