6 months post op and still going great

I've not been on this site for months! My recovery has gone so well I've not felt the need to vent or look for support. I feel bad for neglecting the people that helped me so much when I was looking for advice and reassurance that everything would be ok...so I wanted to send out an update.

Another reason for my update is that I remember searching for post op stories and didn't really find that many for more than a few months out.

My decompression surgery was on Jan 28th and was a textbook procedure with a recovery that I would have never dreamed of.

Now I'm coming up to six months post op...I went for my 3 month check up and NS said I could just phone him for my 6 month since I was doing so well...I told him I would probably wait until after my vacation in September so I could give him feedback of how I got on on the plane and also on theme park rides (I'm going to Busch Gardens while in FL).

Anyway, I went to six flags this week, and rode some rollercoasters with my daughter. And I didn't feel a thing!! I am so happy that I can share this experience with my daughter and not have to worry about being in pain afterwards.

Now, I know I'll probably get a lot of comments "oh you should stay away from rollercoasters" BUT my NS said it was fine and that I have NO RESTRICTIONS WHATSOEVER! And guess what...I was fine.

Anyway I just wanted to share an update with y'all and my delight at being able to do so many things that just 6 months ago were not possible!

My children have noticed a huge difference in me, I'm happier, I'm more outgoing...decompression surgery was the best decision I have ever made and I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

This is so great,you are so blessed to experience a good recovery.Keep us informed,hope it all continues for you.