2nd day in ICU

This is Brianna’s 2nd day in ICU but she’s doing great! The NS says she may be able to come home tomorrow. Neck soreness is a little more today but she’s dealing with it. Her NL came in to check on her with a hint of attitude but I know that I made the right decision and that’s all that matters to me. She hasn’t had a headache yet And, her sleep apnea is already showing signs of improvement. Just maybe it was the chiari after all Ms. Neurologist! Oh and her incision is only about 4 inches long. Stitches not staples. He didn’t cut the dura open so no dura patch. He did score it with a scalpel to help it stretch and shaved a small amount of hair. You won’t even be able to tell when she puts her hair down. This NS IS A MIRACLE. He has the best bedside manner ever and I am grateful for him.

Oh, Tonya.....

What awesome news!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

Not surprised at all that the NL had an attitude....NL's hate to be wrong!!!!! I just wish 1 NL..just 1...would man up and say..."I know NOTHING about Chiari , go see a NS..this Chiari Dx is out of my area of expertise."

That is great Brianna may be able to come home so soon!!!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Peace,

Lori

That is great news!!!
Praise God!!!

Thank you. We are on our way home as we speak. This is the 3rd day and she’s really feeling the neck pain now. They stopped giving her the “good stuff” yesterday. I hope today goes well.

lori said:

Oh, Tonya…

What awesome news!! PRAISE GOD!!!

Not surprised at all that the NL had an attitude…NL’s hate to be wrong!!! I just wish 1 NL…just 1…would man up and say…“I know NOTHING about Chiari , go see a NS…this Chiari Dx is out of my area of expertise.”

That is great Brianna may be able to come home so soon!!!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Peace,

Lori

That is great news! Please keep us posted!

That's great news! I know how worried you were about this. It is amazing what docs can do. I was told I didn't have to cut my hair (I did b/c I didn't want to mess w/ it during my recovery). I'm thrilled that everything is going well. I'll keep praying that Brianna has a speedy recovery.

Carrie :)