2 months post decompression and still in pain

why am I taking so long to recover?? can’t turn my neck, in a lot of pain and I’ve started having paralysis moments. My whole spine aches, headaches, neck pian and I’m still using a Walker. Sad sad times.

Hi Nila,

I am so very sorry to hear about your continued problems. I am newly diagnosed, do not even want to entertain the idea of surgery. So, I do not have a lot of experience to speak from, but I have lived with symptoms for years. I can only image how difficult it must be to have gone through surgery and still have problems. I have never had any type of surgery, but I can only assume that 2 months is not a lot of time to recover for decompression surgery. I have read some people seem to bounce back rather quickly; however, I don't think that is the norm. What is your doctor saying? I have only been a part of this group long, but from what I can tell there seems to be a lot of people here who emphasize with us and offer some great advice. So, I am sure someone else can offer more, but I just couldn't go by your post without at least acknowledging you and wishing you the best.

I took a little over 4 months to recover. My neck pain/swelling didn’t start to disappear until the 3ish month mark. I did well right after surgery but I tried to do more than my body could handle and ended up prolonging my recovery.

I am so sorry that you are in pain, I will send all my good healing juju to you.

Nila, I’m worried about the paralysis. What does your NS say? Have you had a post op MRI?

Jenn

I would definitely let your neurosurgeon know about the paralysis asap! I know I have issues w/ tingling and numbness in the extremities and my NS said that that is from nerve damage and will heal slowly and possibly not at all however it's nowhere near what I'd describe as paralysis! Let us know what your doctor has to say! I hope you feel better soon!

Nila I’m sorry to hear about your slow recovery, which makes me scared since I’m having my surgery in 2weeks, but please take it slow and try not to do too much to fast, you will get there eventually, be patient and I’ll continue to pray for you my dear.