Worried

Hey All,

Well, I finally got into a neurologist here in good ol Bakersfield that actually recognized right away that all of my symptoms all stemmed from Chiari. He told me the only relief that I will get is from having decompression surgery. I fully expected that was the answer as I have done tons of research. (Meds have not been effective in relieving my pain). I am slated to see the Neurosurgeon this week sometime. I honestly thought I was prepared for surgery but now I find myself being quite scared and uncertain of the whole thing. Not sure yet when surgery will be but it is imminent. Any suggestions to give on how to deal with family life post-op?

I’m doing my freezer meals right now :slight_smile: message me and we can exchange recipes

Hello, just curious I live near bakersfield & wonder what kind of insurance do u have & what neurologist did u c? Unfortunately I’m stuck with kaiser & all of them seem to brush my Chiari off as if its nothing at all:/

I work for the county of Kern. We have managed care systems through Blue Cross. My family doctor brushed it off as well, tellingme my symptoms had nothing to do with Chiari, even thought I was sitting there with papers in hand from the Chiari institute and my radiology report stating I had a 5 mm herniation and a 3 mm cyst in my spinal cord. The neurologist was quick to understand. I saw Dr . Richard ALexan here in Bakersfield.

Jonelle said:

Hello, just curious I live near bakersfield & wonder what kind of insurance do u have & what neurologist did u c? Unfortunately I'm stuck with kaiser & all of them seem to brush my Chiari off as if its nothing at all:/

Dr. Alexan is wonderful!!! I switched my youngest son over there after he helped diagnose my other son with POTS. My youngest had surgery in Madera 3.5 years ago. I have heard that Kaiser drags their feet :(

Lori, how are you doing? I actually have your boyfriend on our Facebook page and I work for Kim in Special Ed :)