Working with Chiari

My question is has anyone had to change there job because of there chiari? What kind of jobs should chiari people do? If you havent changed your job did they help you with your chiari?

i think that if you are in a good job and you enjoy it stay there, just talk to the boss if there are issues that make you feel worse,

i was decorating weddings but havent done that sice june last yr, i dont set them up anymore, it would make me feel really bad and for days, there was alot of bending,

what job do you do? and does it make you feel worse?

i agree with joelene- if its a place you love working talk with employeer and explain what makes things worse for you and they may be able to work with you to keep you there if they value you just as much.

i know several who stayed working in there same fields but positions were altered to meet their needs, while i know others who had to quit their jobs entirely and no longer are working at all.

I work in a gas station, I love the environment, I'm a team leader and have to take care of the store when management is not in. Last week I worked a really long day just standing for long hours set my symptoms threw the roof. Last night I decided to stock the cooler and now I am paying for it today. So I believe that this job I love and have done for 5 years will have to come to an end. I can't do the things that is requried of me and makes me sad. I am hopeing after surgery that I will be able to handle it agin. THIS IS A HOPE I HAVE.

joelene hossack said:

i think that if you are in a good job and you enjoy it stay there, just talk to the boss if there are issues that make you feel worse,

i was decorating weddings but havent done that sice june last yr, i dont set them up anymore, it would make me feel really bad and for days, there was alot of bending,

what job do you do? and does it make you feel worse?

Will I not be able to lift or stain even after surgery?

Abby said:

Working at home has been a life saver for me. I can lay down when I need to and rest. I am a bookkeeper. If I had a full time job, I could not do it. I agree with Joelene and Lisa, working makes us feel better about ourselves. As long as you feel like it, but remember no lifting or staining.

I am a computer analyst. I sit all day and honestly I don’t know if that is any better. I seem to feel better when I have a mixture of activities. I do lay down in my office floor on a yoga mat sometimes lol. Laying down helps my symtoms for some reason. I feel best in the mornings when I wake up.

I am not quite sure what I am going todo. I would love you lay down sometimes at work. Laying down also helps my symtoms and Ice packs on the back of my neck.

right after surgery and for awhile after ABSOLUTELY NOT!...lifting straining is a NO NO!! you need to heal.. and it takes time..sure the staples are out, doc says go back to work and all looks OK but the inside still needs to heal which takes TIME..and that entirely depends on your body and how fast you recover!

So I don't think my job will be a good one for me todo anymore. I will always have to bend and move and strain threwout the day.

I am an xray tech. I had two jobs and was forced to quit one due to lifting restrictions for 6 months.

Good luck!!!

this condition makes it hard for everyone,

and each person can be different,

whipvine maybe you could still do your job but not as a leader, dont make any decissions yet, have a talk to your boss first, see what can be done,

surgery takes up to 2yrs to heal, there is bone and nerves that need healing, also atleast 6months for scar tissue,

joelene