Wisconsin Chiari Center

I have been in contact with the Wisconsin Chiari Center. Are there any members here who are active who have used them? I would like to know each and every detail I can learn. Like how long from the time you sent in your MRI and insurance cards did you get an appointment. If you are elected to have the surgery then how long do they book out? Meaning like can they get you in fast or do you wait months to have it?

It is the end of the year and I have met my deductible and my max out of pocket. If I went up there and I do have to have the surgery then my insurance will pay 100% if I do it before the first of the year.

I am just trying to wrap my head around everything. I know that the initial appointment is for a day and a half. What about the time you need to be there for surgery? Do you need to be there a week or two weeks? When do you go back for your checkup following the surgery? What is the surgery like? Does my husband need to rent a condo for the duration of our stay there or can he stay with me?

I am sure I will have many more questions but that is it for now.

I thank you ahead of time for anything you can tell me.

I hope there will be some members who can share their experiences, Travelerbroken, but I guess the most accurate answers will come from the center themselves as they know their current work load, waiting lists and doctors schedules. Have you written to them with your questions?

For sure the most accurate will come from the center for sure. I was just wondering what other people have experienced.

I wanted to ask them what their current work load is and the lady who I originally spoke to is on vacation until late November so I am not sure who I will be dealing with now.

I really hope to get in before the end of the year and get everything done by then because of where I stand with my insurance company. I would hate to start out of new year and try and figure out where to come up with all of that money from.