Using This Forum For Doctors

I have been extremely frustrated trying to convince doctors what it is like to have Chiari borderline eg. 6mm.What I have found to be somewhat effective is to take some of the postings on this site on my visits to my various doctors appointments.I have done this twice and it has seemed to make a difference to the way I am treated.I have an appointment with a pain management doctor and I will take some of the postings with me to show them I am not the only one going through this nightmare.I have been "blown off" by my NS saying that Chiari is not the problem and surgery is therefore not an option.I don`t know what this pain management doctor knows about Chiari but at least I can show him what I, and all of you ,have to deal with on a daily basis.My life is a mirror of what some of you go through and I hope I can use that to get some relief.It`s uncanny how many of my symptoms are shared by you.If anyone can tell me why I should not use this,then please let me know,but I think it is something we all can use to help each other.The medical community is still very new to Chiari ,as I was,but now we have a way to enlighten them to some degree.I hope this is not a breach of privacy ,but as I said ,it has helped me get some understanding with some doctors.I do not print user names,just the information on symptoms and the effects they have on our lives.

Putty, we have a good number of doctors who view the networks, and some doctors who are members, too. The best doctors know how much is to be learned from patients. This site is accessible from a google search (otherwise, patients would never find us), and your doctor is welcome to view its pages. For anyone concerned with privacy, we encourage a username that is not your real name.