Update - surgery scheduled

talk about a whirlwind!

Got a call on Tuesday, the NS had got the referral and wanted to see me ASAP, could I come in tomorrow (Wed). Went in for the consult and was offered two dates for the surgery - next week, or just before Christmas. Well, I've got three young kids so recovery over Christmas didn't sound fun for anyone.

So, next week it is. November 5th. Crazy fast! I was only diagnosed Oct 1, my head is still spinning.

Did the pre-admit stuff today (ECG, blood work, met the anaesthesiologist)

Last day of work is tomorrow.

Hair cut Monday. (hair is almost down to my waist and a pain in the butt to wash already)

Tuesday clean house and stock the freezer.

And don't forget to breathe.

Clairelf, we are here for you. Know you will be on a slow road to recovery and will be very tired. I know you didn’t ask for advice but I have two pennies burning a hole in my pocket… Relax into the process in the hospital and at home, go with the slow flow, and measure milestones in terms of months, not days or weeks. There will be ups and downs. Please allow yourself to rest and know you are doing the right thing. Prayers for the best outcome.

Jenn :slight_smile:

Prayers for you! The good thing about it being so soon is that you don’t have weeks and months to fret over it!! Plus hopefully you have some kind of leave pay (sick, personal, short term disability) pr something you can use over the holidays and relax a little!! Just keep on the positive because prayerfully you will come out of it a brand new, much improved woman! Will be praying for you.

Thank you so much for the kind words and advice, always welcome!

Jenn - my pastor said the same thing - take this time to slow down, it's an opportunity: to rest, relax, and really think about things.

When I called my grandmother she said she was happy for me, so I'm taking that attitude with me all the way to the hospital.

-C