hi gang

my doctor ordered 5mg butrans patch which is to stay on for 1 week then changed

i felt little effect from it and told the doctor

he upped it to 10mg and i do feel as though it is helping

it took a few days being on the 10mg to feel the benefits

the great thing to is that there seems to be no side effects

no drowsiness

no loopiness

just wanted to pass this on to you all in case you feel as though this may help you with pain control

all moms out there

happy mothers day

have a great weekend everyone

Thanks Lori! I’ll have to ask my doctor about this.

Glad to hear this! One tip that I have no idea if I'm right or wrong but can't hurt so I'll pass it along -

Went on 5 mcg Butrans for 1 week, while taking a 7.5 mg Vicoprofen 1X per day. That seemed to help after nothing had for months. Insurance denied Butrans, so had to go off after a week. Insurance finally approved it 2 weeks after going off, so went back on it a week ago yesterday. My doctor put me back on at the 10 mcg dose and told me I could take a single Vicoprofen when I first put the patch back on (while it worked to get into my system), then no more.

Well, my pain had gotten exponentially worse this week, amongst other horrible symptoms, which didn't make any sense. I've been to Urgent Care and then my Primary Care Physician yesterday (it's the Pain Management Clinic that prescribes the Butrans). My PCP determined that I am withdrawing from Vicoprofen, which I didn't realize. I thought the Butrans would sort of take the place of it, which is I think what my pain doctor thought as well, or they wouldn't have had me stop taking it so suddenly, right?! I'm now on medication to hopefully counteract the withdrawal (plus I suffered through the worst part and should be approaching the end anyway). So point #1, if Butrans is replacing something else, be careful of stopping the something else suddenly.

But that's actually not my main point. Point #2 - I put my 2nd (sequential) patch on last night. When I took my old one off, I noticed that it was not "flat" like the new one I put on. Apparently when I put the first one on, part of it got bunched up because I couldn't see it very well while I was putting it on. This evening, my pain finally started to decrease for the first time in a long time. I am wondering if the first patch really didn't "take" because of the manner in which I applied it, and this 2nd patch is working well because it was applied correctly? So my 2nd point is, be careful when applying the patch and make sure it is perfectly flat. If you can't see it well enough, maybe someone else can apply it for you? (You do have to rotate the patch sites at least every 3 weeks).

This may be more info than you wanted, but I feel like I've been learning the extremely hard way. I am so glad this medication is working for someone, and I look forward to it hopefully working for me soon too!

I also agree with Lori - no drowsiness or loopiness, and Happy Mother's Day! :)

hi

thanks for the info

hope you are feeling better