Pain Management

Okay so I have a big question. What is the best things you all have taken for pain management? I've tried, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleve, Vicodin, Voltaren, Percocet, Oxycontin, now Indomethacin. Well, Indomethacin sorry to say, but the Indomethacin really fails and that disappoints me because I was looking for something that wasn't addictive to relieve my pain. The only thing that really worked for me was Percocet, and I didn't want to keep taking it, because I didn't want to cause a dependency. So here is what I take every day; Oxycontin (now), Lyrica, Ativan, and Klonopin. I am in agony, and have been for over two years, and doctors look at me and see a young healthy person who is out for drugs. One and a half years ago, I had to drop out of College, which I had a 4.3 GPA and I have an IQ of 172. But now I sit at home in bed most of the time, in agony, because doctors think I want a "high". I went back to a different doctor and told him my story. I told him I wanted off Oxycontin and back on Percocet, because I wanted to take AS NEEDED for SEVERE pain, so I could get my life back. He then says I WILL NOT give you Percocet, here is Indomethacin, now get out, that's all I am going to give you. I said okay that's fine and stumbled out, because I can't walk very well. So I tried the Indomethacin for a week, and NOTHING. So here I am, back on the Oxycontin, waiting for my new Doctor and pain-management Doctor, for their help. Doctors don't believe I am in this much pain and it baffles me after two and a half years, now with this diagnoses, they would believe me now. But they don't.

-Rexy (Thanks for reading this, God bless you all)

Please share with me what has worked for any of you for your pain.

Thank you :)

Have you tried fentanyl patches? They aren't as addictive as oxycontin and cover the pain very well. You change them every 48-72 hours. I also had to take breakthrough pain medicine. The fentanyl patches work well. Try not to take Methodone unless you have too. It makes me sick everytime, but is a good pain med. I hope you find some thing that works. I currently take Tramadol 100 mg , three times a day & Klonipin 1mg , three times a day with Amitriptylene 75 mg at night & 100 mg Trazadone at night. Every now and then I have to take something stronger. I took opiods/narcotics for years and they messed up my sleep patterns very bad, so i quit opiods. I know how it is to try & make it through the day...I really hope you get some pain relief.

Tracy Z.

/

Thanks for the reply Tracy and Twitch!

I have tried every over the counter pain med. I have also tried Tramadol I forgot that I tried that, I still have a model of it too. I couldn't take it because it gave my head shock-like feelings and eye flashes! Scared the hell out of me, plus three doctors told me that it is highly addictive and provides very low pain relief, and one doctor even laughed at it. I am glad it works for you though, they use to think it wasn't addictive, then people had stopped taking it and BAM, one person told me they couldn't even lift a spoon because the withdrawal was so horrid. So that stuff scares me. I will totally try the Fentanyl patches out, Tracy, thanks for recommending them because I had wondered about them, and my doctor had also brought it up! I've heard good things about them and bad things, but my friend takes them for his horrible neuropathy from diabetes, and he said that they are very helpful as long as you don't get the type with gel inside. Only get the type that looks like a piece of thick tape, because the others were dangerous if you stood in the sun too long or took a hot bath.

Thank you so much for caring you two, :)

God bless you!

-Rexy-

WOW! I hope you get a real doctor who wants to manage your pain. Too bad he doesn't have Chiari - then he would understand!

I am on a pain medication that starts with a T....I believe it is Tradadol. Non-addictive pain killer. It works wonders for my worst Chiari pain days.

Yes...definitely don't get the type with the gel inside. You want the ones that look like a piece of tape in a blue & white box.....I will try to remember the manufacturer....

rexmadison said:

Thanks for the reply Tracy and Twitch!

I have tried every over the counter pain med. I have also tried Tramadol I forgot that I tried that, I still have a model of it too. I couldn't take it because it gave my head shock-like feelings and eye flashes! Scared the hell out of me, plus three doctors told me that it is highly addictive and provides very low pain relief, and one doctor even laughed at it. I am glad it works for you though, they use to think it wasn't addictive, then people had stopped taking it and BAM, one person told me they couldn't even lift a spoon because the withdrawal was so horrid. So that stuff scares me. I will totally try the Fentanyl patches out, Tracy, thanks for recommending them because I had wondered about them, and my doctor had also brought it up! I've heard good things about them and bad things, but my friend takes them for his horrible neuropathy from diabetes, and he said that they are very helpful as long as you don't get the type with gel inside. Only get the type that looks like a piece of thick tape, because the others were dangerous if you stood in the sun too long or took a hot bath.

Thank you so much for caring you two, :)

God bless you!

-Rexy-