Trying this again....need input please?

I posted earlier, but I wasn't sure if I posted in the correct place. I am still trying to learn the ins and outs.

This is my MRI from 2009. I have had issues for years with bouts of headaches, constant sensitive/upset stomach, dizziness, and now tingling in my feet and hands, and just had about a month of my lower right eye lid twitching. I was told this MRI was normal, and never thought or knew to look into anything further. My daughter was diagnosed incidentally with an 8mm herniation, April of 2012. Recently she has had some symptoms, so I have been researching more....this research also prompted me to dig out my MRI disc. Please let me know what you think. I am currently trying to get info on getting a second opinion, via email or mailing my disc out. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you to all who sent me warm welcome message...I'm still trying to figure out how to respond! lol!

341-SAGSET1Karen.jpg (137 KB) 342-OBLAXT2FLAIR1.jpg (110 KB)

Hi…
Completely agree with Beeba…
Have a question however, for you and your daughter …have you both had MRI’s of your entire spines? I am thinking the answer is a no…the reason that it is recommended for CM patients is that there could be a syrinx on any part of the spine…in case you do not know what that is…it is basically a fluid filled cyst that lays on the spinal cord…which can cause a hold host of symptoms.
Please keep us in the loop as to how you and your girl are doing.
Lori

I took a look and I do see a small amount of decent of your tonsils, but that’s my unprofessional opinion. Most radiologists are conservative in diagnosing Chiari, and yes they typically won’t call it unless its more than 5mm (or even more). That was good advice to get another MRI. 4 yrs old is way out of date.

Jenn

Thank you so much for all of you advice and input!! Sorry I confused everyone....it was very late when I posted this. My daughter had the incidental Chiari finding. They did the MRI because of staring spells and two abnormal EEG's. She has gotten a spine, done in OCt 2012. it was normal. I also have her scheduled for a second opinion with a highly recommended NS in Chicago. My MRI was so long ago because I gave up after they said it was normal, and I had seen several docs. I figured it was all from stress....I have a son with Autism, who I was having a very hard time getting help with, at that time. Over the years I have had several things going on. I just brush them off...I never make time for my own needs. (Mom of 5) But, since my daughter has had symptoms starting, I have been doing more reading and educating myself more. I realized that a lot of the things I read, were ME! So, I dug this disc out (dusted it off...lol), and gave it a look. I ma hoping that sending it out for a second opinion, will get me the script for a follow up MRI.

BTW....Is it ok to have an MRI while pregnant? just found out....of course it happens NOW! Blessing, but not so great timing on my part!