Talked to nurse.. Would like your advice please!

My entire life story I know she will help me get through the next week or two without thinking I am a damn drug addict!

And the delayed reply, had my first major muscle spasms episode yesterday which put me in a major anxiety attack and in bed! Omg it was intense!! Horrible horrible thing!!!

Still didnt sleep til 1:30 this morning either! Hoping the boys will wear me out but not kill me lol just enough to help me sleep haha

Aw, shucks wish I had seen this thread sooner. I'm so sorry but I haven't been on this site much for about 4-6 weeks I think.

My surgery was about as smooth and easy as could be with one tiny exception - steroids! I understand the need to take them post-op, but they did cause unbearable pain for for the first 24-48 hours after I stopped taking them. I didn't understand/realize what was going on at the time, but now I know. The pain was not in my head though - it was in my hips, upper legs, and knees. I was writhing in pain. I did end up going to the ER, but they didn't give me anything for the pain - they just tested me for blood clots, but fortunately I had none. I had to bite the bullet for those 2 days, but fortunately the pain went away after that. I wish I had been given extra pain meds just to deal with those 2 days, but I wasn't. Strange that the body would have a withdrawal effect after only taking steroids for 8-10 days, but that appears to be the case.

I am glad you are doing a bit better now and I hope your recovery goes smoothly from here on out. Take care!

Thanks Sparky, I’ve never needed them before but they have helped. I am now on the wean off again so only one a day for 3 days and hopefully I will be good.

The muscle spasms are in full swing now though, all over and at any given time too without much notice.

I am very thankful for my PCP doctor that seems to understand more then the docs at mayfield and will be glad when I am done there. It was nothing I expected and nothing like that they made it out to be either. I go Wednesday for my 2 week follow up and will finish all follow ups with them then I won’t be going back unless I have issues.

The new medication routine I am on has been working for me and again I know I am doing a lot better then most and I am grateful for that. But I know I am also over doing it more then I should and have read on here. But everyone is different.

I am very thankful for everyone on this board that has helped me in every way possible but I am also more then ready to put this all behind me.

I think today I have joined the "depression"
Wagon which isn’t like me and I sure hope it doesn’t last long. I have enough going on with my own kids with special needs that I don’t want to be down in the dumps. After this week (spring break) everything will be in full swing with school. Therapy, and tutoring for my kids so I am a little nervous about that. My husband isn’t currently working (their step dad) so that has been and will continue to be a big help but also a stress money wise because I am also fighting my short term disability at work that is trying to tell me this is “pre-existing” since I was born with it but didnt know til January. So the buy up option I’ve been paying for 2 years now doesn’t want to pay me the extra money I should be getting. It’s been one stressor after another.

So kind of hard to relax with all the extra shit going on any way.

Any way… Sorry for the novel… In one of those moods I suppose! :slight_smile: