Symtoms

So at this point I've been back to the doctor and told him I believe all the symptoms going on are from Chiari. He's a nurse practitioner and I had never told him about the condition or symptoms. My reasoning for that is somewhat extensive so I won't get into it right now, however because of it he's sending me down a crazy path.

I have braces right now so I cannot get an MRI to see where I'm at with Chiari. So technically, I'm not even sure if its the cause of my issues. However when EVERY symptom adds up and typical medications for those symptoms don't help, there's gotta be a reason ...

Basically, after I told him about the pressure in my head and the anxiety and whatnot he prescribed me to kolonopin. It has not relieved pressure and cause more anxiety because I'm forgetting things more. The only thing I know that helps is lying down but I have a job 40 hours a week ... any suggestions on how to help?

My daughter got MRI when she had braces. There is no reason why you can’t get the MRI. she just had one done Monday. Good luck.

I had Many MRI's with braces. I had to quit wearing my retainers because they made me have horrible headaches after my decompression surgery. Have you noticed when you get your braces adjusted that it makes your head hurt? Mine did for days. You could have a Lumbar Puncture(Spinal Tap) to check the pressure you are feeling. I would recommend that a Neurosurgeon preforms this diagnostic test & make sure they know you have a CM. You can also have a CAT Scan if you are worried that your CM is getting worse. I take Klonipin three times a day & it helps my neck pain & stiffness. It is a nerve relaxer & an anxiety medication. I can't move my neck without it. Do you feel like your Nurse Practitioner has a grasp on your CM & everything that includes? Is the pressure you are feeling like a pressure headache? Most Chiarians also experience these. Is it possible for you to see a different Medical Provider? I hate that you are suffering and not getting the medical treatment that can help you. Sorry for all the questions., they just helps us help you..

Yay! good to hear! I'm confused as to why he didn't tell me that ...

Susan LeAnn Crosby Brantley said:

My daughter got MRI when she had braces. There is no reason why you can't get the MRI. she just had one done Monday. Good luck.

Thank you guys soo much! No, this guy has no idea what he's dealing with. In the beginning when I told him about it he didn't know anything, typed some things in his phone, then told me that Chiari affects your liver and that previous blood tests showed my liver was fine. I hadn't heard that but in the moment it wasn't worth arguing. THe Klonipin helps but I am only 20 years old and 110 and not very functional when I am on it. Pressure headaches and neck stiffness are constant at this point. What about cold tingling and random shocks in my toes and fingers? I'm also having a lot of pain at the base of my spine like tail-bone area. My joints are stiff and knees sometimes hurt. Heart palpitations, whether I'm calm or not. At first I thought this whole thing was just an issue with me mentally. However after two years of "bettering myself" and nothing getting better, I realized it was just the condition.

I think I will find a different doctor to go to.

TracyZ said:

I had Many MRI's with braces. I had to quit wearing my retainers because they made me have horrible headaches after my decompression surgery. Have you noticed when you get your braces adjusted that it makes your head hurt? Mine did for days. You could have a Lumbar Puncture(Spinal Tap) to check the pressure you are feeling. I would recommend that a Neurosurgeon preforms this diagnostic test & make sure they know you have a CM. You can also have a CAT Scan if you are worried that your CM is getting worse. I take Klonipin three times a day & it helps my neck pain & stiffness. It is a nerve relaxer & an anxiety medication. I can't move my neck without it. Do you feel like your Nurse Practitioner has a grasp on your CM & everything that includes? Is the pressure you are feeling like a pressure headache? Most Chiarians also experience these. Is it possible for you to see a different Medical Provider? I hate that you are suffering and not getting the medical treatment that can help you. Sorry for all the questions., they just helps us help you..

There is a Chiari Disorder that effects your Liver. I had an ER Doc think that was my diagnosis one time so as soon as I got home I Googled it. I honestly think you need to find another Dr. You are having some major symptoms. I can't believe he didn't even give you a muscle relaxer for your neck.

Please let us know how you are doing. I really mean that , we do understand,

Tracy Z.