Surgery Tuesday 5-20-14

Surgery is set. I have bad double vision, and breathing issues. . I leave tomorrow night to prepare for surgeryNS says my brain stem is being effected now and i need surgery immediatly. Double vision is from 4th nerve palsy. I am petty nervous about this. Ill try to keep checking in here. Hopefully i will see you all again soon!

Hello Joker12090! I pray for great success for you with your surgery! Take care and let us know how your doing when you get a chance.

Good luck! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are when you get a chance.

Good luck you are in our prayers believing that the journey is going to get better.

Good luck! Keep us posted when you are able!

Thanks everyone, i appreciate it. Im nervous, and will be on the road in 4 hours. Surgery is at 7:30 AM. I will hopefully be able to check in once more before then.

Hello Joker12090! I know you have to be nervous your only human. You will do great I will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow! I will be praying for your quick healing! Stay positive and let us know how your doing when you can take care!

Good Luck joker12090 thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch.

peps7706

prayers <3

Thinking about you today! Hope that all is going well. : )

Hope you are making great strides in recovery and healing!

Im home now. Not doing well, but i am home. My doctor was amazing but some of my nurses should be fired for neglect. The recovery in the hospital was horrid. I had to fight for my pain meds and to go the bathroom and the nurse poured urine all over me, and anotg meds. would not let me have pain meds until i walked around the ward. A 3rd nurse even tries giving me only half my pain meds

Hello Joker12090! Omg I am extremely sorry that happened to you that is terrible. Thank God your home know and can relax and get on a regular pain management schedule. Those nurses should not be nurses. When you feel better or go in for your follow up I think telling your Dr. About your experience would be good. Your Dr. will probably be very unhappy about your treatment there. How are you feeling?

Sometimes i am okay but other times my neck wants to lock up and that’s incredibly painful. My vision and feeling are still the same for now. I thought after surgery i would be back to normal but i think something else became wrong. I’m s worried i have sleep apnea becasel when i lay down my breathing is heavy and loud.

Hello Joker! I haven’t had surgery yet but I’m scheduled for surgery in one week from today. From all my research and reading info right here I learned it can take a couple weeks before your pain starts to slowly get better. They cut through a lot of strong neck muscles that can take 3-6 months to heal and nerves I’ve read can take up to 2 yrs to completely heal everyone’s different. You are very early in your healing I know I will be the same way if I feel something strange after surgery. Remember you just had brain surgery you have to relax and let your body heal. Your brain and brainstem and spinal cord and csf are all settling back in their proper place and getting used to having movement and flow again. I’ve read in many places about our necks locking up and that it’s normal it’s trying to heal. Take care of yourself I’ll be praying for your quick healing!

I hope you are healing and the surgery went well. I have a lot over vision problem. My doctor in Dallas. Want me to have surgery,In North Carolina only 2 surgeons does the surgery in the United States, do the nerve surgery. But just walking by Faith right now. Be Bless.

Thank you all so much for support. Without it I would not feel as good as I have been. I have been very emotional lately so that has made healing a bit harder. This was my first ever surgery, and I was alone the whole time. My mother hasn’t tried to see if I am okay or even alive, and my father tools me I should have died in surgery, bit since I didn’t he told me to kill myself. You guys here and my wife and child are what’s keeping me going. With having the brain surgery my brain isn’t fully functional yet, and the negativity hits me so much harder. This has been the hardest week of my life. Thank you guys for being my friends. Doctors may save lives, but all of you here do also. If I had to go through this without knowing about this site I don’t think I would have been able to do it. Thank you again everyone. I appreciate everything you have all done for me.

hang in there... the worst part is over... im having surgery june 2nd and dreading it.. and you are not alone!!

Best of luck and prayers to you Shelly. I know I will make it through. My neck and head have been feeling better, but today it feels like the left side of my brain is being stabbed every few seconds. Sometimes is gradually builds up, and other times it's a sudden burst of pain. My incision feels okay, but the pain is on the left side of my head above my ear. I also have occasional problems swallowing because it is pretty painful. I may need to find a clinic to take ciare odd me. My wifetreats me like shit and screams at me and it causes me excruciating pain. Idk what to so but no one is helping me heal. Sorry to bother you all but I hurt and just don't know what to do. Thanks guys and gals.

It sounds like your current pain could be nerve related. Sometimes during healing you will see new issues pop up here and there but they soon go away. It never hurts to call your NS about a new symptoms however! It could ease your mind!