Surgery again

Hey there Chiari Family,

I hope all is well with you and the pain is at a minimum.. I hate that I am MIA most of the time and then pop in sometimes to lurk and then occasionally leave a post like this one.. I just don't have much to say really, well nothing very positive.

Anyways, at the end of June, I hopped on a plane and went to MD to see Dr Henderson.. He is so great, compassionate and FUNNY! He said from looking at the MRI's that I brought in, that he suspected cervical instability and possibly EDS as a cause.. He ordered an Upright MRI which I was supposed to get while I was in MD but tropical storm Debby made that impossible.. Anyways, I got the MRI and waitied..... waited..... and waited........ Oh man I was getting mad! But not at Dr Henderson, just his office.. So after a sassy message I finally received a call back! After talking with his med coordinator, Dr Henderson called me and said that I have "Cranial Vertebral Instability" and "Basiler Ivagination" and that I was going to need surgery for that... I didn't want to ask him too many questions on the phone because he told me he would rather explain this to me in his office so he could show me what he was talking about..

YIKES

I'm terrified to have another surgery! literally terrified! But I feel safe and confident with Dr Henderson, I don't feel like I am just an easy paycheck to him like I did with Dr Heffez in WI.. I just want to feel better dammit! I have some family members that are behind me 100% and others maybe 40%. I have been asked on more than one occasion " how come you can't see a doctor here" and " is it really necessary that you have to go to MD" Anyways, I have an appt with Dr Henderson Sept 27th to discuss what needs to be done and most likely to schedule surgery providing I can come up with the money to pay for it...

What do you all think?

Thank you for reading my post!

I am really sorry you may have another surgery looming. I actually travel about 6 hrs to my NS in Pittsburgh. Don't let anyone bother you about the NS you chose. It is very important you are comfortable & trust him. I also have cervical instability. My C Spine was rebuilt at the same time as my CM Surgeries, then they took out C5 & fused C6. I live with herniates discs and pinched nerves. I can't even pick up a gallon of milk without getting hurt. Do you have insurance, or is this Dr. out of network? I will look up the link for patient assistance through NORD and I think Michael Salansky has a Featured post on the Discussion page that has assistance from ASAP that might help.

Please let me know how you are doing & hopefully we can figure out a way to get you some assistance with the cost.

Tracy Z.