Support

i am so glad i found some place that i can meet people who have what i got and know how i feel, my hubby dont understand and neither do my kids,(although they are young they know whats going on)my mom tries bless her heart but i think shes run out of things to help me, and i need to know where are all the great nerosurgeon are at??

please help?

Hi...

Yes, you do need support! It seems that the people around me, anyway, think that my surgery is over ..it's all hunky dorey for me...this was the same mind set they had while I was seeking a diagnsis ! "You don't LOOK sick" Ever get that one??

In my families defense though..everyone is different and some choose this way of dealing with things: "If you don't talk about the problem..it doesn't exist!"

Now to the docs....You are in NC...right?? There are members here that live in NC..who may be able to guide you.....May I suggest Duke University??? WONDERFUL PLACE...My best friend had a HUGE operation there 9 yrs ago...double lung transplant......she is doing great....Duke has many specialty departments..may want to look them up online....just a thought.

Keep us posted...we care and are here for you!!!

Lori