Recovery

Well, I am one week post-op and am back in the hospital. My feet were swollen on Sunday and my doctor wanted to make sure I didn’t have blood clots. While waiting to find out about the clots (which I don’t have), I started to experience severe vertigo. They cannot get it under control…so I will be here until I get better.

My spirits are a little low, but I will be ok. Please keep your positive thoughts and prayers coming.

Love to you all!

-M

MM..

So sorry to read about your set back...try an relax and know you under good care.

Love,

Lori

Hang in there! Remember you are headed in the right direction. Big hug and prayers coming your way!

Diana

Keeping you in my prayers. Im so sorry you are going through this.

I’m sorry to hear you had to go back in the hospital. Sending you lots of positive thoughts! I hope they can fix you quick and get you back home. Big hugs…

Aww I’m so. Sorry to. Hear that I’m gonna pray that you are healed. Awww I got to give you a call

So…this morning I had a lot of gastro intestinal issues this morning. I was in a lot of pain, but am glad things were moving…if you know what I mean…lol.

This morning I have started to fell some pressure and tingling behind my right eye, as well as tingling and some numbness on the right side of my face. A little discouraged, but not defeated!

Does anyone remember regaining a symptom after surgery…and then have it go away? I have to remind myself that I had brain surgery last week and it takes time to recover.

Time for a nap…

Hi MM,

just wanted to say hey and let you know you are being thought of and prayed for by many...how do you feel today???

Love,

Lori

Keeping you in prayer…please rest.

Hey MM,

I hope that they get this under control for you because that is serious. I am three weeks post-op and I am having little to no problems at the moment. Yesterday was the first headache for me (frontal) but no complaints otherwise!

I am praying for you!

Hugs,
Tina

MM,

Oh Nooo! I am praying for you and a speedy recovery. This too shall pass and you will soon be back home enjoying the tasty dishes prepared by your brother. Wow, please keep us posted.

sending positive energy,

Kisimi

My husband has complained of feeling symptoms ONLY when he has not had enough sleep or is hungry. Stay positive, it is scary, but your poor body has been through so much. It is going to feel crazy for a while but you are going to get better!! :slight_smile: You are in my prayers, keep us updated!!

Lol @ “glad things are moving” :slight_smile:

mmpeanut said:

So…this morning I had a lot of gastro intestinal issues this morning. I was in a lot of pain, but am glad things were moving…if you know what I mean…lol.
This morning I have started to fell some pressure and tingling behind my right eye, as well as tingling and some numbness on the right side of my face. A little discouraged, but not defeated!

Does anyone remember regaining a symptom after surgery…and then have it go away? I have to remind myself that I had brain surgery last week and it takes time to recover.

Time for a nap…

My husband has complained of feeling symptoms ONLY when he has not had enough sleep or is hungry. Stay positive, it is scary, but your poor body has been through so much. It is going to feel crazy for a while but you are going to get better!! :slight_smile: You are in my prayers, keep us updated!!

mmpeanut said:

Time for a nap…

And after he gets his sleep and food he is all good again…

Lo said:

mmpeanut said:
So…this morning I had a lot of gastro intestinal issues this morning. I was in a lot of pain, but am glad things were moving…if you know what I mean…lol. This morning I have started to fell some pressure and tingling behind my right eye, as well as tingling and some numbness on the right side of my face. A little discouraged, but not defeated!

Time for a nap…

Yesterday was 2 week post-op and I am getting stronger with every passing day. My brother is the BEST brother anyone could have asked for. He is so loving and very patient with me. He is making sure I want for nothing and get my much needed rest. I make sure that I walk everyday for exercise. I am training for the Chiari Walk on Sept 17th. I really want to be able to walk...and I think I will be able to do at least half.

My incision is healing nicely. I washed my hair this morning and it felt GOOD! It was a little difficult to reach all of my hair..so I was a little sore....but nothing a percocet and an ice pack cannot handle.

My stitches come out tomorrow morning. I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED for that! I will be sure to post pics of what the incision looks like.

I hope all are well and having a symptom free day.

Love, Prayer, and Hugs...

-M

HI!!!!

Thanks for the update....after the day I have had it was GREAT....to read your post!!!!!! You are so good natured and positive..I am sure that is a huge part of your recovery..you go!!!!!!!!

You are a delight for all of us!!!!

Love,

Lori

Thursday the doctor took my stitches out (PAINFUL). I took a picture of the scar and it looks naaaaaasty. I say it looks nasty because a scab has formed (YUCK). I so want to pull the scab off...but I don't think that is a good idea..lol. It is funny how two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different. I think it looks horrible, but my brother and doctor were smiling...I think they gave each other a Hi-5 because it is healing so well...

I can now lay on my side (with the help of my tempur-pedic side pillow) and am gaining more range of motion with my neck. I am still having some facial tingling and have been referred to a neurologist to 1, to make sure there isn't another condition causing it, and 2, to see if there is some kind of medication I could use to block the sensation. I am not sure how I feel about that. To be completely honest, part of me feels as if I could handle tingling for the rest of my life....since my pain is gone. And then the other part of me feels like I should do the due diligence and explore all options. I am going to set up an appointment with a NL ASAP.

Some people may see this as a surgery that didn't work, but I don't. I was very realistic going in and am ECSTATIC about the outcome. I feel and look AMAAAAAAZING! Remember, surgery is not a cure...it is a treatment. I say all of that to say...KEEP SMILING, FIGHT THROUGH IT (when you can), AND LIVE LIFE THE BEST WAY YOU KNOW HOW!

I hope you are having a (semi) pain and symptom free day!

Love to you all.

-M

Gm MM I’m glad you are feeling better. Yes it does look it after the stitches but you better not pull them off and risk infection. Just let them come off by themselves. Keep a close eye on it just in case of spinal fluid leakage but I pray you don’t have any. Like you said surgery is not a cure it’s just a treatment to slow or stop progression of the symptoms getting worse. Again I’m glad you are OK talk to you soon!

tradee

HI MM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So thankful you are doing so well!!!!! Just be sure not to over-do!!!!

Lori

Totally over-did it today, but I had LOTS of FUN!. One of my best friends is taking care of me this weekend. She and I met up with out other "bestie" and had breakfast. Then I did a little shopping for things to make my scar a bit more discreet, visited my aunt in the hospital, and then visited a fellow Chiarian, Brandi, in the hospital. Brandi and I met at an ice cream shop a few months back (isn't that wild!?!?) Anyway, this is her 2nd decompression and she is looking and doing well! Get this-her surgeon is out of the same office as mine...she was in great hands!

I am pooped and it is time to ice the neck and to take a nap. I am gonna be close to home tomorrow!!

Have a great weekend, Lori.

-M

lori said:

HI MM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So thankful you are doing so well!!!!! Just be sure not to over-do!!!!

Lori