Reaction to overload of questions and information

Hi all, do any of you have this problem. I battle with it and it is now causing a lot of worry in me. I find if I have to answer a lot of questions all at once, recall information suddenly or quickly, give quick opinions I draw a blank and feel like fuzz in my head. I just cannot do it. I can decide ahead exactly what I need to tell the doctor, then in front of him be unable to really explain or remember what I have to tell him. Please let me know what happens to you all or am I the only one with this frustration?

Hello, that happens to me allot, you’ll get used to it in time. I was diagnosed with chiari last October, but I don’t have the all the symptoms, I went in cause I’ve been dizzy for too long, and also diagnosed with sleep apnea which I now have under control. I have no pain or neck and back problems no swallowing problems, but anxiety attacks, heart palpations numbness in hands and arms leg cramps, light dizziness that never goes away, and your symptoms too. My neurologist agrees with me that I don’t need the surgery, but I’m going to a surgeon just to get evaluated. Good luck getting answers to your questions, just keep asking, and hopefully the right person will read and reply.

Yes it happens to me all the time and it really making me mad cuz it happen more and more

I have the anxiety problem and then can't remember what I want to say. I started keeping a migraine diary several years ago so now before I go to the doctor I write down all the information I want to talk about in the form of questions and all the new information I need to give him. I keep it in my migraine diary and take it with me. My short term memory is really getting worse my husband often has to tell me stuff a couple of times and we have resorted to writing stuff on posted notes so that I can remember.

I have this problem on a daily basis. Last year, after my diagnosis, I took up Meditation. Not only does this help with my anxiety by I can draw on it in situations like these. I simply close my eyes and take in 3 deep breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth). More often than not, it clears my head a bit and I can concentrate better. It may not work for everyone but it has been a blessing for me. It also helps keep me calm when I am stressed and my B/P goes up.

I have this on a daily basis also. You feel awkward. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I use recovery yoga, the breathing helps me. I don’t want to be put on another med. I also use essential peppermint oil on my decompression dimple and my neck.

Hi Daniel, thanks for answering to my question. I used to get heart palpitations at night when my head hit my pillow. It is the added pressure at the area of chiari pressure that causes it. The added pressure causes trauma to the brain. I use a cardio pill to regulate the heartbeat and prevent palpitations.

Daniel said:

Hello, that happens to me allot, you'll get used to it in time. I was diagnosed with chiari last October, but I don't have the all the symptoms, I went in cause I've been dizzy for too long, and also diagnosed with sleep apnea which I now have under control. I have no pain or neck and back problems no swallowing problems, but anxiety attacks, heart palpations numbness in hands and arms leg cramps, light dizziness that never goes away, and your symptoms too. My neurologist agrees with me that I don't need the surgery, but I'm going to a surgeon just to get evaluated. Good luck getting answers to your questions, just keep asking, and hopefully the right person will read and reply.

Thanks Kelly, I find it very frustrating. I like your migraine diary idea. I get what we describe as silent migraines. My pills keep the pain blocked, but I get all the other symptoms like visual disturbances, feelings of nuasea and so on. This week I had a full migraine for the first time in years, sick three days. I find the memory problem frustrating as important things are forgotten. The best thing we can do is to stay as possitive as possible. Best of health for you. Flerrie.

KellyAmor said:

I have the anxiety problem and then can't remember what I want to say. I started keeping a migraine diary several years ago so now before I go to the doctor I write down all the information I want to talk about in the form of questions and all the new information I need to give him. I keep it in my migraine diary and take it with me. My short term memory is really getting worse my husband often has to tell me stuff a couple of times and we have resorted to writing stuff on posted notes so that I can remember.

Thanks Birdmom79. It does take some selfcontrol to keep calm. I find it difficult at times because I react before I realize I am going to do so in a negative manner. It is going a lot better, but I do not think a person ever arrives fully.
Birdmom79 said:

I have this problem on a daily basis. Last year, after my diagnosis, I took up Meditation. Not only does this help with my anxiety by I can draw on it in situations like these. I simply close my eyes and take in 3 deep breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth). More often than not, it clears my head a bit and I can concentrate better. It may not work for everyone but it has been a blessing for me. It also helps keep me calm when I am stressed and my B/P goes up.

I probably am also anxious. My muscles in the back and neck are permanently in spasm. I go for massage on a regular basis.
Kim Rivas said:

I have this on a daily basis also. You feel awkward. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I use recovery yoga, the breathing helps me. I don't want to be put on another med. I also use essential peppermint oil on my decompression dimple and my neck.

Flerrie, following on from Birdmom's suggestion have you looked into Mindfulness .... it is a form of meditation but it is very simple and just helps you learn to keep in the moment. I was a total cynic until a friend almost forced a pair of earphones in my ear to sit and listen to a simple 8 minute session. It helps me a lot. This is the site I use with recorded meditations that are downloaded on my phone/tablet/pc on a CD etc etc so I never have an excuse not to use it: Frantic World

Thanks Jules. Will look into it.
Jules G said:

Flerrie, following on from Birdmom's suggestion have you looked into Mindfulness .... it is a form of meditation but it is very simple and just helps you learn to keep in the moment. I was a total cynic until a friend almost forced a pair of earphones in my ear to sit and listen to a simple 8 minute session. It helps me a lot. This is the site I use with recorded meditations that are downloaded on my phone/tablet/pc on a CD etc etc so I never have an excuse not to use it: Frantic World

yep this happens to me every day.It drives me insane I cannot do maths or anything that requires some serious thinking and unfortunitly my partner talks really! fast and loud so on those day with sensory overload im constantly frustrated I say “slow down” or I have to walk away all together even if its just a casual conversation.I just cannot keep up with all this information.But its not just my partner its everyone I talk with I use to talk under wet cement and be very! outgoing I worked full time at a gym so I was a people person and I worked in childcare I was very! tolerant now days I am just happy being in a quiet space with minimal conversations because my emotions just haven’t been the same since chiari.I just cant do people,crowds,fast loud talking or anything that requires serious thinking straight away.My grandma gave me an excellent piece of advise.Before your appointment make a list of every issue you wish to address with the nuerosurgion.I have a habit of letting doctors dismiss me because well im to trusting after a bad experience with a nuerologyst I probably am more pushy than I should be but honestly if you pay them the money then they should do there job.My surgeon was kind enough to say to me “do you have any more questions”.I said “no” mainly cause I was in shock as he just told me he was going to operate on me.But looking back I wish! I had asked the important questions like ''How much experience have you had with this particular disease".