Overwhelmed

Hi everybody! Has anyone had a period of time where they feel completely overwhelmed with everything! With all the chiari complications and questioning medications/treatment, surgeries, pain, kids graduating college, daughter's wedding, and other obligations in my life, I have been in a deep depression for the last 6 months. I believe I am digging my way out and it is nice to be back here amongst my dearest friends :)

I agree with Beeba and Emmaline on who is not overwhelmed. Even though different issues plague all of us, it is good to release/vent it here.

I personally are in he overwhelmed mode with various issues like our eldest (Katrina) being diagnosed with epilepsy and she is resisting a lot of treatment options. Many times it is a fight to get her to take her medicine. Both of them (Katrina and Emma) are having jealousy fits that I am spending too much time with the other one. My wife should pop any day now with our third (another girl). All of this amongst recovery and other things and I am still trying to find a way to relieve the stress and depression. Just like Chiari effects all of us differently so does our stress relieve cures. Personally I wished I had more land and good forests around me cause one of my stress reliefs is sitting in the woods watching and listening to nature. Another is fixing things like computers, the girls toys, etc. Building thins is another and yard/garden work. SOme of these I can not do at the moment or I am restricted on doing due to symptoms, but find what works for you and if needed give me a holler and you can holler at me if that helps.

Sorry I rambled a bit but you know we are here for you anytime.

Thank you all so much! It is a wonderful thing to know you are not alone on this journey. I don't mean to give anyone the impression that I am in really bad shape. I do have clinical depression and have been on medications for years and years. I was on this site when it first started and am a moderator. I left for awhile without explanation and to tell the truth, I just had to much. I came back yesterday and am trying to get caught up! Thanks for all your understanding and I will holler when I need you. Love knowing you are here :)

It is great to see you back on Carla Jo. You have been greatly missed !!! I totally understand where you are coming from. Please let me know if you wanna talk or anything. I might depress you though ..... ; )

Thank you, Tracy. I don't think you would depress me. I'm good. I hope I can continue to keep up and be involved with the wonderful people here :)

TracyZ said:

It is great to see you back on Carla Jo. You have been greatly missed !!! I totally understand where you are coming from. Please let me know if you wanna talk or anything. I might depress you though ..... ; )

I'm new to this site. Came because I'm also overwhelmed. Too many problems; not enough resources. Just dx in Dec but significant functioning problems over past 10-15 yrs. Guess it's good to know you're not alone. Read some of replies. Wonder if some will ideas will help. I find physical and purposeful activity help me most when I'm feeling down.

Hi Terri,

Yes it does help knowing you are not alone. It is very hard not to become overwhelmed and depressed. It is a constant struggle for most of us. I guess the best advice I can give is to take one day at a time. Learn something new everyday about Chiari and related disorders and share it with someone else. If we continue to learn and share with others we can spread awareness and hopefully get some answers. Hang in there!

Carla

One day at time is my motto; often 1 hour. I'm well educated on the mechanism of Chiari and how it effects me. Know what works; unable to access often due to lack of access or resources. Constant battle. When unstable, as have been last few months see friends and family ease away. They seem to think I should "rest" or stay out of public until no longer symptomatic. Rude but have to defer. So housebound as unable to walk much more than a block. Have a good home enviornment, thankfully. But lonely and isolating.

Thank you, mt dear friend, Abby <3

Terri,

Yes, it is terribly isolating at times :( I'm glad you are here amongst friends! We all understand what is going on and many of us have felt the same way. I think my family and friends back away from me so they don't have to deal with it or face the truth. Denial. Please let me know if you need to talk :)

Carla

Terri said:

One day at time is my motto; often 1 hour. I'm well educated on the mechanism of Chiari and how it effects me. Know what works; unable to access often due to lack of access or resources. Constant battle. When unstable, as have been last few months see friends and family ease away. They seem to think I should "rest" or stay out of public until no longer symptomatic. Rude but have to defer. So housebound as unable to walk much more than a block. Have a good home enviornment, thankfully. But lonely and isolating.