Officially tired and stressed out venting

So I decided to go back to college to get a associate degree in early childhood education. First beginning of week I was okay no really bad problems then I got the flu ended up at hospital Thursday night and found out I was bleeding/spotting all month because the radiation from MRI's caused me to get Chronic Cervicitis (as doc says). Well went back to school the following monday been experiencing headaches and dizzy spells all this past week of school. Now this weekend I have been past exhausted migraines, dizziness, neck pain, blind spells, feel like I'm going to pass out. Today the vomiting starts along with the rest of the problems. I'm tired of being sick. My head and neck hurts to the point of me crying. I feel like I can't handle the pain no more. Its all adding up. I can't miss my college classes cause some of my teachers says 3-4 days tues and thurs absences and we get failed/kicked out on mon wed fri I can miss 8 days. Scared I'ma miss to many days because of feeling this way. I have 5 classes and 2 labs. Cannot make up missed time. My doc keeps trying different meds that dont work the hospital tried me on lortabs but no refills they work in the way to make me not care about the pain which helps me with being able to face everyday tasks. In my town people sell them and claim they are addictive so doctors don't prescribe them that much because of the record the town has.

I'm in a tough spot which I know a lot of you have been...I'm trying to better myself for my kids but the constant pains are getting in the way. My husband is in prison so I do not have the husband help. I live with my parents and no they do not take care of my kids when I feel bad all they do is yell and get mad if I try to lay down to get the pain to calm down. I'm not allowed to take breaks to feel better I am expected to clean the whole house and have it perfect in between juggling the Chiari Malformation, kids, school, now cervicitis and partial hearing loss L-ear(trapped fluid in middle ear may get full hearing back when it clears up). So I do not know what more I can do. I try to act strong around my friends, strangers and family but I feel like I'm breaking down now. My neuro doctors basically give the there is nothing left we can do but I cannot travel to one that is good. No license, I depend on everyone else to drive me everywhere just tired of being a burden with it. I have one cousin and one true friend that I can vent to but I feel like all I'm doing is complaining when things get ruff on me. I talk to my husband on phone about everything but it doesn't help take the burden I feel off my shoulders...

Awesome that you are going back to school! I never knew an MRI can cause such problems, how many have you had? I’m sorry to hear you dont have much support at home, that makes handling this so much harder. . I want you to rememver something when you are feeling low and frustrated and alone with so many burdens: No one could handle being you better than you. You ARE succeeding, even when it doesnt feel like it. And you are never really alone.

I hope tomorrow looks better for you :). You will be in my prayers

Thanks. I new to much radiation could cause a lot of problems I have had 2 MRIs 1 CINE MRI 2 xrays 2 ultrasounds of gall bladder last year and really your only supposed to get 2 sets of radiation tests a year. My sister had same result from ovary cyst and getting radiation tests but she only got minor cervicitis from radiation. Mine was left untreated because doctors thought it was the Birth Control. Hospital checked into it thursday before last tech I spotted for about a year in between periods but doc tried several diff BC pills and thought that was the cause left untreated and unchecked made it worse. So my warning to everyone be careful with the tests they can end up harming your body in unexplained ways. I hope it is too.

Wendy said:

Awesome that you are going back to school! I never knew an MRI can cause such problems, how many have you had? I'm sorry to hear you dont have much support at home, that makes handling this so much harder. . I want you to rememver something when you are feeling low and frustrated and alone with so many burdens: No one could handle being you better than you. You ARE succeeding, even when it doesnt feel like it. And you are never really alone.

I hope tomorrow looks better for you :). You will be in my prayers

First of all I am sorry you're feeling so crummy. That's hard enough to deal with!

Your school should have a department that deals with "disabled" students. They would help make your teachers a little more lenient toward missed days because of illness. Is there any way you could cut back your classes? I know it would taker longer to graduate, but stressing yourself out like this might make you quit and that would be worse than graduating late!

I know how you feel about not being able to drive. I got my license taken by the doctors. They feel I'm not safe to drive right now, so I have to find rides to go to doctors appointments, etc. It's such a bummer.

Good luck!
Katrina W.

I have been told that MRI'S have no known side effects and do not use radiation. It uses magnetism, radio waves and a computer.

That is right, MRI doesn’t use radiation. Maybe your doctor meant CT scans or something else. Ultrasound and MRI are pretty much the safest diagnostic tools for ‘looking’ inside.