No surgery

so i took my son to see a neurosurgeon today and he said that right now my son did not need to have surgery, but we have to go back in 6 months and have all new MRI done of both his head and spine... i feel as if a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders.... maybe now i can get some sleep.. but i go for an MRI on friday to see if i have it...

So glad to hear this!!! I know when it comes to our little ones we want to put it off as long as possible. After the meeting Saturday, I've decided to have my son tested. I'm going to talk to his Pediatrician at his 3 yr. check up in August. Praying he doesn't have it, but he has so many signs, we're really starting to worry. Keeping you in my prayers as you go to get tested.

My son Chance was diagnosed at birth but didn't have any signs until he was 8 in 2005. I had the opportunity to wait and do the 3 month MRI then the 6 month and yearly afterwards or surgery. I opted to do the yearly MRI. I have to say, I regret not having the surgery. He has had pain in his neck and his "arms or legs would fall asleep," but randomly through his life. The major symptom that the Doctors say is not one but if you read is the "fogginess." I think it has made it harder for him in school, and now that he is 15 the MRI has shown the Chiari and the syrinx has gotten larger. He has decrease csf flow, one of his ventricles for CSF flow has stopped the the other has gotten enlarged. I pray you never have to go through this, but if you ever are faced with having the surgery or not, I hope you remember this text. My ex-husband had just left us when he was going through this so I didn't feel like I could put him through the surgery, but I regret it now and wonder what kind of life he could of had. Now we are forced to do the surgery and will find out the date on Monday. Good Luck to all with this...from a Mom who absolutely adores her son.