Newly diagnosed

Hello everyone! First off I’m so thankful that I found all of you! I’m new to all of this I was diagnosed last Thursday by an my ENT. I’ve been dealing with symptoms for a long time but have always been told it was something else. Well about a year ago I started having a heartbeat in my ear. I know that isn’t one of the symptoms for this but that’s what made me go to the doctor. Since then things have gotten progressively worse. I’m dizzy what feels like all the time my headaches are everyday almost all day. The neck pain is horrible! I have other symptoms too. My Pcp sent me to an ENT for the heartbeat in my ear and dizziness they thought it was an aneurysm well the mri/mra showed type 1 chiari malformation. My doctor couldn’t give me any information on it. Their trying to set me up with a neurologist. I’m just wondering what to expect from the appointment? I’ve seen the only treatment is surgery that their is no cure. Is there any other treatment for managing symptoms? Any advice from anyone? I’m a mother of 3 and I’m starting nursing school next semester (hopefully)…I’m curious as to how this will affect my future career? Thanks for any help y’all can give. It’s a lot to take in.