New to site!

Hi everybody,

I'm from England (thought Id mention that as this is a US site I think). Just thought i'd post as I am four weeks post-op decompression surgery. I was diagnosed just four weeks before my surgery. I've got spinabifida myelomeningocele which has not caused me much hassle apart from pain and numbness, aswell as tethered spinal cord and scoliocis. However I was wondering how many people have had spinabifida and they have gone on to be diagnosed with chiari?

I was a bit gutted as I was told once Id stopped growing and got to adulthood Id be out of the woods with my problems, (obviously OId always have spinabifida but no more symptons appearing) but BOOM, as soon as I turn eighteen i get the chiari news!

anyway, it'd be lovely to talk to anybody! :D

xxx

Welcome to the site, i'm pretty new to all this so i don't have many answers or advise yet, but lots people here do and its a great help! Nice to see you here!

Gina (pretty name)

Hello and Welcome, I am fairly new to the site but I wish I had found it years ago. You are right it is comforting to talk to someone that knows how you are feeling and what you are going through. How is your recovery going? Are you up and around? Are some of your symptoms better? I hope you are doing well......Wendy

Welcome! I cannot relate to having had Spinabifida, but CM Type 1 - Definitely, lol! I'm pretty new here also.. I'm glad you're here too!