New to group not to Chiari

Hello everyone I was looking for a place to talk to other people who have Chiari I have had the surgery 22mm in 2005. I was wondering if anyone else had had the surgery and has started having headaches or dizzy spells again. Thanks and love these support groups got me through the tough years in high school when I was in the hospital.

Yes, I started having dizzy spells after surgery. I used the primitive reflexes listed in the information for members to banish that, though I have had to repeat them periodically every 6-9 months. Pretty effective if you ask me.

I also developed painful headaches (occiput and temporal) which I have effectively banished with muscle trigger release myself. I resourced a book titled “The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook” by Clair Davies. It is on Amazon for $20 or so.

I had surgery over 3 years ago.

Good luck in finding your answers. You are your best advocate!

Hi gabby. Am new here myself. Can you point me to these Primitive reflexes that are listed in the information? I am accessing from my IPad for now bc my laptop is getting fixed- can I get to this information on such a device? Thanks!

Hi Amanda. I’m Cassie. I’m new here, just a day or two new. Like you I am… Is the word excited? To connect with like minded people. Although I feel horrible that we are all here for this reason. I have not had surgery. I did finally print out the list of neurosurgeons covered by my insurance and have an appointment with my neurologist next Tuesday.
If I may ask, when you had surgery did you get relief from your symptom? If someone how long? Did it improve your overall quality of life? Would you do it again if you could go back in time?

Hi Cassie

With this new platform, I do not even know where things are!

Go to “Forums”

Sorry having troubles

go to the “Forum” heading on the Home page

then   "Newbies Guide to Chiari" under "Categories"

"Dizziness and Chiari"

I would suggest that you print it off and read it as it is information rich.

Good luck in trying them and feel free to ask any questions.

Yes I did get relief after my surgery. I just recently started having headaches and swelling in my neck. But I would not trade having my surgery over anything.