Neurosurgeon Appointment Prayer Request

Please put me in your prayers as I go to my appointment with the Neurosurgeon at the University of Michigan this Tuesday the 27th. Hopfully I will get some answers, relief of some symptom, and get an idea what the treatment plan will be. Also on April 6th, I will be going in for a heart catheterization with the possibility of angioplasty if they find anything.

Thanks again for all your prayers,

Sincerely,

Melody

I am praying for you. I know how much anxiety and hopes and fears are wrapped up in any new appointment. Just know you deserve answers. You deserve help. You deserve compassion. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm praying for you!

I wish you good luck with your appointment Melody.

I'm new here, and I will be seeking an appointment at U of M as well. How long did it take you to get your appointment? I'm getting scared, because my symptoms seem to be increasing in severity very quickly. I have to have a new MRI this week, before I can even get the referral to U of M.

I wish you good luck with your appointment and hope you get a treatment plan that can help you. I will be praying for you.

Susan

My neurologist here in Jackson referred me on Feb 17th, when I didn't hear from U of M a week later I called U of M to make sure that they received it and the lady said no and asked me what was I being referred for and I told here ACM and she said "oh that would be the neurosurgery department" and gave me the numbers to have my neurologist resend the fax, but the next time when I called to confirm receipt with the neurosurgery dept, they said that I already had an appointment set up with a neurologist on May 2 and could not figure out why because I needed to see the neurosurgeon, not another neurologist and so they set me up for March 27 and canceled the other one. I was very relieved because like you my symptoms are becoming more serious and debilitating. I am even having some cardiac issues which I believe are somehow related.

Melody

ChrisG said:

I wish you good luck with your appointment Melody.

I'm new here, and I will be seeking an appointment at U of M as well. How long did it take you to get your appointment? I'm getting scared, because my symptoms seem to be increasing in severity very quickly. I have to have a new MRI this week, before I can even get the referral to U of M.

Good luck today Melody. Please let me know how it went, and how you like the doctors.

Will be sending good thoughts your way...

Healing prayer sent to you. Hope all goes well xxoo krys

In a nutshell...

At the U this week the neurosurgeon said there is a 50/50 chance that surgery would help and said that he honestly would not do it unless the odds were better. He is referring me to another neurologist and ordering some more MRI tests. I was hoping to come away with little more of a treatment plan, but maybe that is where the new neurologist comes in, who knows. Sorry was not able to get the report out sooner, the days following the long car ride were miserable and I was just plain wiped out and just today began feeling a little better.

Thanks again for your continued prayers and support,

Melody

Hi Melody !!!

Please let us know who you are doing.