My visit to the NS has finally come

I am finally going to see a neurosurgeon and I have to admit after reading all of the many horror stories on here I'm scared of not getting good or even fair treatment. I was diagnosed in Sept 2012 by my neurologist and he told me that I didn't need to see a neurosurgeon that he would treat me for my headaches and that was all I needed. Well I have come to realize that he wasn't quite telling me the truth. I have a 10mm herniation, lots of back pain (upper and lower) which doctors are telling me are only related to 4 bulging discs that I have (2 in my neck and 2 in my back) I feel like I have been lucky to not have such severe symptoms like I read most of my fellow chiarians are having. However I feel like it will be a relief just to actually be treated and taught about my condition. I really don't know what to expect and I'm actually more concerned that my Mom wants to attend the appt with me. I know she wants to be there to support me but I'm afraid of what he may say and how it will upset her. Maybe I'm just being a little paranoid about the whole situation, not really sure why I wrote this at all. Just thought that you guys understand where I am and how it feels to just not know or to be sure about any of what we are going through. Thanks for just letting be say what is on my mind......even if its nothing. :-)

I sure will and thank you so much for your kind words of advice.

I'm not sure if he is on the list or not. I had to find him by myself with no help from my neurologist of course. He is Dr. Eldad Hadar @ UNC Chapel Hill in NC. I have tried to prepare my Mom the best way I know how. We are so very blunt with eachother and I have told her that I'm not really sure that I want her to go back with me. I don't want to worry about it upsetting her but she is so extremely tough. I like to think thats where I get it from. Lol. The doctor has requested that I bring all of my MRI's to the appt. I have one of my brain, neck and spine. I just hope to get some answers and some relief. It will also be nice just to have some validation to my mysterious condition. Lol It is so frustrating when people just don't get how we feel and act like there is nothing wrong. When people know that I have chiari but still say "What's wrong with you?" I just tell them nothing. I quit going through it over and over again. I feel like if they really wanted to know they would pay attention the first ten times I tell them.