My story

So here is my story...I was diagnosed with Chiari in 2009 after losing vision in my right eye. After having a CT scan they diagnosed it. I had a car accident later in 2009. Over time, several years, I began to notice tingling in my right hand and leg, then it proceeded to do the same with my right side. I also experienced dizzyness or periods of going in and out (kind of like almost fainting but not actually fainting) at the office, even when doing nothing special, just looking at my computer screen or talking with my husband or children. My heart will also race for no reason at all, while reading a book or watching tv. I started to get concerned that something was really wrong, forgetting that I had been diagnosed in 2009 with Chiari as I didn't have the typical migraine headache. After doing some research, I found that all of my symptoms were consistent with my chiari diagnosis. It took some doing but finally got my family doctor to order another MRI and am now at 8-9 mm from 5 mm in 2009. I don't now how to go further. I do have a NS that is a family friend (and also whom my aunt works for) that said I could have the surgery even though there was only a small area of no flow. Should I have it done or wait it out? Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. I should add that all of my blood work is good and I had n EKG that came out fine as well. Thank you!

I have gone for many years trying to find answers and have finally solved the chiari with surgery.I will say for me I only had headaches for the last 5yrs.before being diagnosed after 27yrs. my headaches were pressure headaches there were so many other symptoms too many to mention,it was certainly a living nightmare.There does seem to be another issue that is not chiari,even though the decompression has been a success there are other things like you’re talking about,my Dr. App is in Sept.I sure hope your NS can help you decide if surgery might be needed or if there needs to be more testing for ruling out other problems,the surgery is not to be taken lightly,but it is not as bad as I expected.