MRI Report - Should I be alarmed?

Hello!

I got my MRI report today before my doctor has had a chance to call me regarding the results.

I have already had two decompression surgeries and over the past few months I have had a lot of issues again which include all right sided weakness/numbness , dizzy spells, and feeling like my head is rocking or swaying at times.

My results on my MRI that is concerning to me is it states

Minimal to , if any flow posterior to the medulla despite widely patent CSF space.

Should this be alarming? Has anyone else had this result?

Just wanted to say hello. I just joined and read your story. Do you have Chianti malformation? I am new to this.

Yes I have Chiari. I was diagnoses in Dec. 2012... Are you newly diagnosed?

Ellenc said:

Just wanted to say hello. I just joined and read your story. Do you have Chianti malformation? I am new to this.

Hi. So sorry you are not feeling well. Just curious if you have had a lumbar puncture done? My son just had his 2nd decompression & preop found out his pressure was very abnormal & almost at zero. He has a complex Chiari & might have intracranial hypertension… If the CSF is not draining properly,did your NS ever discuss having a shunt placed? With my son the CSF was trapped in his brain & not flowing. He is almost 1 month postoperative & still has a headache. We are unsure if he will need a shunt. Good luck & hope you get answers:)