Moving foward..scheduling tests, coping with new symptoms and trying to stay positive

Well, today is a mix of a few things...Have MRI's scheduled for next week and follow up appointment with NS on 5/16/12 to see what my brain is doing besides driving me crazy LOL! I would say "driving me to drink" but I already feel drunk and dizzy!

Two new symptoms started happening today. My hands and fingers feel tingly ,look red and feel like I'm having some kind of circulation problem. I also feel nauseous from the dizziness and hate to even move. That's not the other new symptom though. While trying to watch TV...I seem to feel sick to my stomach and dizzy when the scene moves fast or I see the panoramic backround moving. I don't like it at all. So strange.

I'm feeling good about finally having a diagnosis, and hopefully a plan to get me feeling better soon. It's so very hard on days like today to get up and out to work without getting hurt or falling again. I did make it into work but didn't stay all day. I just felt so very dizzy and nauseous that I felt I needed to just come home and lay down. So sorry if I'm going on a bit...just need to get these thoughts out of my head!

Hope everyone is feeling as well as can be. I'll be looking foward to those first few moments when I wake up tomorrow morning and feel "normal" until I move and get up....God only gives us what he knows we can handle...praying for his grace and patience.......Have a good night:)

Most days are a mixed bag for most of us. We tend to enjoy the good moments and endure the challenging ones. Hopefully tomorrow will be just a bit better for you.

I know exactly what you mean about getting thoughts out of your head. I have to give those thoughts voice or they will drive me nuts!! Once I write/type them out I can clear my head and move on to bigger and better things.

Wishing you a good nights sleep and a great weekend

We all know how you feel. I was so relieved when I finally got my diagnosis (a long time ago) I was happy that I could finally have something done and had a name and a concrete cause for all my symptoms. I have alot of balence problems and I use a walking stick when ever I leave the house. Good luck with the NS I hope that he/she is compassionate and knowledgable about Chiari. Let us know how you make out.

Good Morning:) Thanks so much for your kind words and support. It really does help so much to know that I'm not going through this alone. I am relieved to know I can come here to learn, talk and share with all of you. Hope today finds you feeling as good as can be:) I too am having a difficult time with balance, I walk next to buildings or parked cars as I go and have begun to refer to myself as a "leaner" because I look for the best place to lean, when I'm out and about, waiting for the bus or whatever, I just pick the best spot and lean my back and head lightly against something. It feels like it helps. Sometimes I just wish I could lift my head off of my neck and shoulders and put it aside so my neck could rest, it just feels so very heavy most of the time. Oh well, enough about that....Have a great weekend and thanks again!

shalunya said:

Most days are a mixed bag for most of us. We tend to enjoy the good moments and endure the challenging ones. Hopefully tomorrow will be just a bit better for you.

I know exactly what you mean about getting thoughts out of your head. I have to give those thoughts voice or they will drive me nuts!! Once I write/type them out I can clear my head and move on to bigger and better things.

Wishing you a good nights sleep and a great weekend

Hi Wendyanne:) Thanks so much for your support and encouragement! I like the idea of a walking stick as I feel off-balance and dizzy most of the time now. I've only met with the NS once, I go back to see him on the 16th. He seems compassionate and reassuring. Hope today finds you feeling well....have a great weekend!

wendyanne said:

We all know how you feel. I was so relieved when I finally got my diagnosis (a long time ago) I was happy that I could finally have something done and had a name and a concrete cause for all my symptoms. I have alot of balence problems and I use a walking stick when ever I leave the house. Good luck with the NS I hope that he/she is compassionate and knowledgable about Chiari. Let us know how you make out.