Medical ID Bracelets?

How many people wear medical ID bracelets? Just curious...

I'm glad you asked this question.... I was wondering this also. I don't where one...but I thought it. Because of the meds.

I got one for my daughter that she wears. It is a necklace one. It say Chiari malformation,c1-vertebrae removed,short board removal. Just in case anything happends then the emts and Dr would have some where to start. If you do get one I highley reccomend you put short board removal on it. So if you have to be put on a board the emt know which one to use. As a emt I always look for medical ID bracelets or necklace.

Susan

1 Like

Susan J there is no abberviation for asthma or allergies. I would put ligated VP Shunt,in a emergency I does not matter to me what side it is on. No one in the medical field will know what CM stands for, unless they have it or know someone that does. So I would put chiari malfromation. You can put MH most people know what that is,if they do not they will look it up. Most people if they see VP Shunt then they assume its because of hydrocephelus. As for allergies how many do you have? Which ones are the most severe? Because just putting allergies does not help unless you put what allergies. I got my daughters at a medical store by my housse. It did not cost that much.

Susan

1 Like

No its not a dumb question. A short board is what we would use to remove you from the vehicle if you were in a wreck. You can use a long board or a short board. I think a short board is better for people with CM. I also put no hyperflexion on my daughter necklace.

Susan

Susan J said:

Dumb question...what is short board removal. Are you refering to the piece of skull removed at the back of the head????

Susan said:

I got one for my daughter that she wears. It is a necklace one. It say Chiari malformation,c1-vertebrae removed,short board removal. Just in case anything happends then the emts and Dr would have some where to start. If you do get one I highley reccomend you put short board removal on it. So if you have to be put on a board the emt know which one to use. As a emt I always look for medical ID bracelets or necklace.

Susan

1 Like

I was wondering about this to because of the CM, syrinxs, all my meds and latex allergy and the fusion...I don't know anymore lol

I have bought a medical alert bracelet for my husband, and am going to buy a few more for family members. I am now going to start selling them. They have a usb chip that you can put all of your medications, conditions, allergies, and even x-rays (I think MRI pics also) Let me know if you are interested.

well my son wears one for his other medical issuse and was wondering if i should get it remade to say Chiari Malformation.. so im glad u asked this question

slarg said:

I have bought a medical alert bracelet for my husband, and am going to buy a few more for family members. I am now going to start selling them. They have a usb chip that you can put all of your medications, conditions, allergies, and even x-rays (I think MRI pics also) Let me know if you are interested.

That is why I have the one I do, all of your medical info is there, plus copies of X-rays, drug allergies, medications that you are currently taking, and all they have to do is plug it into their computers and they have it all

Susan J said:

I posted this thread hoping to find out what kinds or where people have gotten their bracelets or if people have even gotten Medical ID bracelets. I'm not a necklace or bracelet person. I found a website that makes affordable Medical ID watches (www.creativemedicalid.com). They are very trendy. I've gotten many compliments on mine. My dilema is how to fit everything on the ID. I stupidly didn't even think to put Chiari on the bracelet. I need to get a new updated with all information.

Right now mine says: Right VP shunt, malignant hyperthermia, asthma/allergies. That is about all that I could fit. My first and last name is on the other side. There isn't room to put much more on it. Somehow I need to get a medical ID that has Chiari, non-function Right VP shunt, malignant hyperthermia, asthma and allergies.

Question???? If I put CM on my medcial ID, will anyone in the medical field even know what CM stands for???? Does anyone know if there is an abbreviation for asthma or allergies? How do I shorten non-functioning or ligated Right VP shunt. I have a history with malignant hyperthermia (MH) also, but I have the same concern. How many people would know what MH stands for??

I have a history of hydrocephelus and psuedomeningeoceles, but I am hoping that by having Right VP shunt would be an indcation of at least the hydrocephelus.

Help...Am I making any sense???... Any feedback or suggestions glady wanted....or any place to order medical IDs.

Susan

3 people in my family

where do you find the one that you are talking about where you can load all that information?

I sell them. And they come with all the instructions, all you have to do is type it in. X-rays can be uploaded, you can get those put on a disc at the doctors offices. The nice thing is that if you change medications or dosages, you can plug it into your computer, and make the changes in a matter of minutes, and best of all, there is no annual fee.

Slarg is there a website where you can look at them?

Yes, there is, www.sgmscorp.com For every bracelet that is order through me and this Chiari page, I will donate $5.00 to the Chiari Walk in September You can contact here or at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

How much do you sell them for?