Keep our site going

Hi guys. You have heard from me a lot lately, because I just can't do this withouy you. As I have metioned, I am down and out between not working, medical bills and now divorce. I just wanted to spread the word that if you buy things....anything....from Amazon, they now give you the option of donating a small percent of your purchase to the charity of your choice at no extra cost to you, so of course I picked Ben's Friends. I bet if everybody here did that, we would easily raise the money we are short, and then some ,,,,,,Lets spread the word to eachother!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing this Jessica! It seems I buy from Amazon weekly and will donate.

Thank you so very much Nikki. I feel with all the warmth and help I get from all of you, When I am feeling up, I not only need to try and help myself at home, but I need to do at least 1 thing for someone else, depending on my energy....I will do what I can though. I have to say, I really love you guys

Nykki said:

I am soooooooo glad you are in better spirits God truly does answer prayers!!! I may not have said much to you, but I have definitely been praying for you!!!!!You have a humble soul so it is hard for you to treat your soon to be ex with spite even tough he deserves it. It it just not in your nature and that it is okay. I always tell my girls " Never give anyone the power to change who are, because it is then, when they have truly won". I want you to realize that God makes no mistakes. When He closes one door, it is because He will open another one that houses something even greater. Hang in there Hun!!!! We are more than conquerers in Christ!!!!!

Take care,

Nykki

Abby, I am assuming that this is a new program at Amazon because I do a lot of my shopping there so I don't have to drive and lift. If I could have been donating the whole time I will be mad at myself!! But I should have known that you knew already! lol. If I can ever find sponsors, naturally I will connect it, Could we sell wristbands and T-shirts, or have we been already doing that and I am just clueless?
Abby said:

I too have specified Ben's Friends when I shop on Amazon. We are always looking for good volunteers to help us keep our community growing and thriving, so we ask for you to volunteer your spare time in helping others. Giving a member encouragement, just a hug, just thinking of you, can go a long way. Chiari is a painful, lonely condition we share, but we have awesome folks on this site that really make a difference. If you have any spare time and would like to help out, we are always looking for good greeters and moderators who have heart who want to help. Please talk to me or the other moderators about your helping. We are not paid but the rewards of helping others is our main priority.

Here are other ways to help too,

How to Help

Are you interested in helping patients and families of patients affected by a rare disease?

Our Story

How You Can Help

Thanks for your interest in making a difference. On behalf of anyone living with a rare disease, we thank you.

1. Help a Friend or Relative: if you know someone with a rare disease, forward them our web site or ask them to contact us at info@bensfriends.org

2. Connect Us: if you have a connection you think would be interested in helping us or partner with us (PR consultants, reporters, medical professionals, hospitals) please let us know at info@bensfriends.org.

3. Help Spread the Word: help us spread the word about BensFriends.org or a specific patient community. Follow us on Twitter at (@bensfriends). If you have marketing or PR expertise, we would love to hear your ideas about ways to spread the word and help more people. Contact us at info@bensfriends.org.

4. Start a Patient Community: if you have a rare disease and aren’t happy with the support available to you, help us fix that with a new patient community. Contact us at info@bensfriends.org.

5. Help Us with PR: our biggest need is to get this story in front of reporters and bloggers. If you have a blog, blog about us. If you know a blogger, send them a link to our web site.

6. Help Us Increase Our Google Rank: most people find us via Google. If you operate a web site, linking to BensFriends.org helps make our patient communities easier to find for the patients who need us

7. Ben’s Friends is run by an army of volunteers and relies on donations to fund operations. Please click here to make a contribution.

8. If you shop on Amazon, please sign up for their new Smile program that gives money back to Non Profits (at no cost to you). Go to Smile.Amazon.com, choose “Bens Friends” (Houston) as your charity of choice, then whenever you shop on Amazon make sure to go to Smile.Amazon.com and help thousands of rare disease patients at BensFriends.org.

Yes, isn't this great? I don't have the luxury of fun spending like I used to, But spend on there a bit none the less. I honestly believe that if all our members who use Amazon chooses to do this, it will add up fast and make a very big difference.

Nikki said:

Thank you for sharing this Jessica! It seems I buy from Amazon weekly and will donate.